Third Lanark

Wilky1878

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Watched the documentary there. Great mix of subtitled narration and interviews with former players. Hiddlestone really was a crook.
I watched the documentary earlier, was a good watch. One of the ex players (I can't recall which one) seemed to be still feel emotional about the whole thing 50 plus years later.

• 3 weeks later...

Was an enjoyable watch although I did get annoyed when one of the players said it was the only ground in Scotland with a pavilion! 

Interesting to get the insight of the players, really highlighted how desperate things were. Would have liked to have heard from Drew Busby, Third's last ever scorer, too. Thought it was a bit strange he wasn't featured unless there was a particular reason? 

Glad to be able to say I've seen a game at Cathkin, albeit the amateur team (I think it was their first ever game). Cathkin is a must for any football fan.

• 7 months later...
On 08/01/2016 at 16:32, third lanark said:

I can't say to much just now as I'm sworn to secrecy other than expect a major announcement about Third Lanark in 6 months time when pretty much everything will be fully in place.

While there has always been supporters reviving the club it's only been in the last few months that a number of individuals with resources have come on board hence the launch of a newThird Lanark football academy as well.

Just on the support aspect knowing a few people on the board I'd say at least 60% were not born when Thirds played in1967.

I myself was not born then and while my first team will always be Partick Thistle I have a huge interest in Thirds and their ongoing resurrection. And wish them every success. Also the announcements in 6 months regarding them to me look fantastic

Nearly three years later.

Any word?

Archived