Marius Žaliūkas

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, we've been linked with Žaliūkas on one of the Dundee forums. How was he with Rangers last season? Is he able to head a ball and make clearances?

I preferred it when Mohsni played.

Slow, not interested and lazy tho maybe that was the Ally factor...

Hi guys, we've been linked with Žaliūkas on one of the Dundee forums. How was he with Rangers last season? Is he able to head a ball and make clearances?

As Ben indicated he was a real curate's egg of a player for us. Sometimes he looked the part but mostly he didnt seem bothered. He also suffered from the phenomenon that all of our centrre backs have had since Sir Davie hung up his boots - caught flat-footed or ball watching.

Sorry didn't rate him at all, looked to have a decent touch, but was sluggish and slow to close down, once turned he rarely won the ball back or got his block in. Not the best grounding for a defender.

Cheers for the responses guys. I think going by what you've all said that he could be good if motivated. Our defence is a weak link anyway so he can't really make things worse.

Oh he can!

I'd be interested in what the Hertz fans think. They'll know him better than u.

Better than McGregor?

Žaliūkas is a better player than McGregor technically but the latter had a great work ethic for us. He too was guilty of ball-watching though but he'd burst a gut to try and retrieve the situation.

I am convinced that Sally got every defender he deployed to read and know verbatim, "Football and How to Defend" by Bert Konterman before they made their debut.

Žaliūkas is a better player than McGregor technically but the latter had a great work ethic for us. He too was guilty of ball-watching though but he'd burst a gut to try and retrieve the situation.

I am convinced that Sally got every defender he deployed to read and know verbatim, "Football and How to Defend" by Bert Konterman before they made their debut.

Was Bert's mother not the defending coach under Ally?

Big Zal came away with this whopper after the Gers were bodied in a 0-0 draw by last-place Cowdenbeath - CLICK.

God that was a miserable day , back in the pub just up from the ground by half time after witnessing the most horrific 45 minutes of a football game in my life , I didn't even leave easter road , queen of the South etc at half time last season but that day was the most boring game of football I think I was ever at

Why the fck would you leave a game at HT?

Well at easter road , when we were pumped 4-0 , qots when we were humped 3-0 I more or less lasted the full 90 minutes despite the shite which I witnessed before me , that day the football was dire , the weather was shite so just fucked off up the pub , hardly the crime of the century

Well at easter road , when we were pumped 4-0 , qots when we were humped 3-0 I more or less lasted the full 90 minutes despite the shite which I witnessed before me , that day the football was dire , the weather was shite so just fucked off up the pub , hardly the crime of the century

You do realise that half-time is not included in the 90mins and you are actually leaving 15mins early. ;)

Archived