Dry January?

FlyerTon

Give up booze for January?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...

I have had one bottle of beer this Jan (excluding the first few hours). I had it watching Steelmen on BBC Alba.

I never planned to do this. Just had nothing on and no need to have a beer.

Now I have 3  days of boozing ahead.

I am fooked.

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 14:51, Blootoon87 said:

Although I need a bit of a drying out, I'm single so if I still want to attempt to get my hole I need to drink. Dilemna.

I reckon you'd do better without.

Have been on the wagon throughout January. Might have a couple round my mates tonight but other than that no plans to be back on the sauce in the same way I was before. Enjoyed the spell off it.

A few more hours and I'm done for this year. Have some vodka chilling in the freezer ready for tomorrow night.

For me, the doing without alcohol part is easy enough. It's finding something else to drink instead that I find challenging. I can't be doing with the sugar in most soft drinks, I tend to avoid caffeine later in the day because I'm old and plain water gets boring.

What do other non-drinkers imbibe?

8 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

A few more hours and I'm done for this year. Have some vodka chilling in the freezer ready for tomorrow night.

For me, the doing without alcohol part is easy enough. It's finding something else to drink instead that I find challenging. I can't be doing with the sugar in most soft drinks, I tend to avoid caffeine later in the day because I'm old and plain water gets boring.

Fùck all, but the wife says I get crabbit.

30 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

As a 6 month dry type....

Good quality white tea. Tastes a wee bit like normal tea but has a sharpening quality of something very illegal.

Giod quality mint tea.

Espresso.

Lime and soda.

If you want your teeth to fall out: Dr Pepper with ice, lime and cherries. 

Aloe juice. I’m evangelical about this stuff. On its own or mixed with soda and/or fruit juice.

45 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I bought some Kava tea on Ebay that is supposed to reduce detox anxiety or edginess, then I googled it to find it's illegal in Britain because it can melt your liver, a thing that I've already abused for a fair few years. So don't do that.

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

As a 6 month dry type....

Good quality white tea. Tastes a wee bit like normal tea but has a sharpening quality of something very illegal.

Giod quality mint tea.

Espresso.

Lime and soda.

If you want your teeth to fall out: Dr Pepper with ice, lime and cherries. 

Aloe juice. I’m evangelical about this stuff. On its own or mixed with soda and/or fruit juice.

Have your mensies synced up with your missus yet?

Archived