Dry January?

FlyerTon

Give up booze for January?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like throbber to give up lying for January

If you really cared about me you would want me to give up drinking, waking up and helping myself to wine at all hours during the festive period. Its hard to contain myself when there is so much drink around, when I'm in the flat i usually just have enough for one particular sitting so don't wake up and help myself. Would be easier to give up in January if there weren't already 8 beers and some wine in the fridge from a party we had before we left Edinburgh!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering I don't drink in the house and January is usually a quieter month on terms of going out then it would be perfectly achievable if I wanted to. Shame that I've a few thing later on in the month where alcohol will be consumed, albeit I'd imagine in smaller quantities, not because I feel I need to, but because I cannot be fucked with the crippling hangover days again. Waste of a day when you only get 2 a week off as far as I'm concerned.

I only used to drink about once every few months. Folk at work were all moaning about how hard 'sober for October' had been and I'd done it without even realising I'd done it.

The last 2 years I've probably drank every weekend. Total waste of money and health. I am aff it till April.

Sober for October can go f**k itself. That's my birthday. It's blotto in O'to for me.

January has to be the worst month to go sober. It's dark, wet and cold and there's not much else to do.

If you're going to do it better to do it in the summer.

Its the look at me shit that is so annoying, I have been asked specifically on 3 separate occasions to donate money to some dick head so he doesn't drink for a month! What sorry state of affairs can their life have got to that make them think this is some sort of achievement? At least do something slightly more interesting than not drink. The world has gone mad.

Agree with Billy - summer is all about the boozing. What else is there to do to celebrate good weather? Or to complain about where the summer is?

October is probably the best month for not drinking - summer is out the way and Christmas is still far off and its a good time to get your head together.

I stayed dry for the month of January in 2007.

I wasn't doing the full 31 as Falkirk were playing Killie in the league cup semi on January 30th.

After a couple of drinks you should have seen the nick of me.

What a disgrace.

We also lost :(:(:(

Giving it up completely for a year, then take it from there. Hangovers, wasting weekends did it every year since I can remember and I'm totally bored of it.

Been thinking of doing this for months now so it's no quick decision.

Wouldn't consider stop drinking for a month. Few good night outs coming up in January for me and I don't have a problem so there is no reason to stop. Plus you need to drink if you're me after baring the pain that is football most weeks.

Archived