Dry January?

FlyerTon

Give up booze for January?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people see the need to sign up for these things? Is it the desire to be part of something bigger? Why not just give it up for your own reasons? I won't be doing it myself regardless.

If you can't stop for 30 odd days you've got a problem

Love when this one pops up. I probably couldn't give up for 30 days but that's not due to a problem, it's due to having at least one social occasion in the month that I would enjoy to drink at.

Love when this one pops up. I probably couldn't give up for 30 days but that's not due to a problem, it's due to having at least one social occasion in the month that I would enjoy to drink at.

The same sort of comment as "If you can't go to a social outing and not have a drink you have a problem"

Not true, i just don't want to go and stay sober and listen to other peoples shite at a party.

I have my works "End of Year" do on the 15th. It features a free bar at one of the more expensive establishments of Zürich. You're fucked if I'm not drinking every last penny I can manage.

The same sort of comment as "If you can't go to a social outing and not have a drink you have a problem"

Not true, i just don't want to go and stay sober and listen to other peoples shite at a party.

Exactly. I rarely drink in the house but when I go out to meet up with some mates then I like to have a few pints.

I have my works "End of Year" do on the 15th. It features a free bar at one of the more expensive establishments of Zürich. You're fucked if I'm not drinking every last penny I can manage.[/quote

But if you can't go 30 days without then you have a problem...

I have my works "End of Year" do on the 15th. It features a free bar at one of the more expensive establishments of Zürich. You're fucked if I'm not drinking every last penny I can manage.[/quote

But if you can't go 30 days without then you have a problem...

I regularly go weeks at a time without drinking. I don't feel the need to count the days. I'd suggest that anyone who has to count the days between their drinks has a problem.

That said, I am terrible for binge drinking. On Boxing day I drunk a bottle of gin and half a dozen shots of Absinthe and have no recollection of making it back to my hotel, though I can recall tripping over my own feet and smashing a hole in the wall with my elbow. That's not a problem though. I covered it with electrical tape and didn't mention it to the reception when checking out and haven't received a bill.

If you like a drink, but want to lose weight, feel better in the morning and also save some cash, why not give up booze for a month? Ideal to lose the festive excess as well.

Do you think you can manage it?

Campaign on the link below:

http://www.dryjanuary.org.uk/

Edit to add: poll is above.

Why not give up posting for the entire calendar year? Not in the form of a contrived challenge - simply because you contribute nothing but tedious pish.

Archived