Deutschland 83

Waspy

I've only watched the first episode so far but it looks promising. A quick tip on the general's daughter- if you type Lisa Tomaschewsky Playboy into google you may or may not find some risque pics.......................my pal says.

The General will be pleased that she keeps the landing strip in such good order.

Absolutely loving this series.

Martin and the bird walking into Jackson and Ebel with the prostitutes was brilliant. Also laughed when Martin was in the art shop and the big dog started licking him.

Why did his aunt take his blood? And what's the deal with the hidden books Martin's maw has? And what was the stuff with her and Thomas and the car all about?

Top soundtrack as well.

http://www.tunefind.com/show/deutschland-83/season-1

I think the blood was in case he's a kidney transplant match for his mum. The books are all banned but Martin had been confiscating them from people during his border guard duty and passing them to his mum (I think so anyway).

I like how there's so little throw away dialogue - stuff that seems like casual banter at the time usually ends up having meaning a bit later into the episode (eg the General wondering what kind of women the Americal General likes).

Thanks for the soundtrack link - was going to look that up today. Gutted when each episode ends.

I think the blood was in case he's a kidney transplant match for his mum. The books are all banned but Martin had been confiscating them from people during his border guard duty and passing them to his mum (I think so anyway). I like how there's so little throw away dialogue - stuff that seems like casual banter at the time usually ends up having meaning a bit later into the episode (eg the General wondering what kind of women the Americal General likes). Thanks for the soundtrack link - was going to look that up today. Gutted when each episode ends.

Aye I mind in the first episode (indeed in the first scene) when he confiscates the book and later gives it to his maw. Didn't realise they were all banned though.

Never put together until you pointed it out there regarding the conversation in the car about what kind of women Jackson likes.

What's the chat with young Edel and the peace movement lads?

I found it particularly amusing when Schweppenstette was looking at the 5 1/2" floppy in absolute wonder as Hartmann (a definite beast btw) tries to make it work in an 8 inch drive.

It was a good scene - played out like an A-Team montage and at the end of it they admit "well, we've made it fit the machine" but still it didn't work.