Deutschland 83

Waspy

Watched the first episode and enjoyed it so managed to find the rest

up till about episode 6 it maintains the quality, after that it becomes 24 type pish where he manages to save the world despite having a kidney removed during the proceedings.

The generals son kidnaps the American general, they kill a prostitute and a double agent who is a ranking officer in the West German army gets killed on the scene and its not a major issue at any point during the rest of the series

Maybe because I watched them back to back it made a difference but I was disappointed with the way it panned out.

I've only caught the second episode and it seems not bad. Not sure if I'll persevere though.

If that waitress in the hotel isn't actually a fella I'll be very, very, very surprised.

Thought it was just me thinking that - nobody seems to notice 'she' looks like a bloke. I'd happily be roughed up by the oriental waitress though.

So who is the Chinese (?) waitress working for? I know he said KGB or China at one point but why did she show up in his room, is this something to be expanded on later?

She was there to steal the disk from him I assumed. I think she was on to him from the start and was just waiting on him doing all the dangerous work of actually stealing the disk before she fired in, killed him, and nicked it.

So who is the Chinese (?) waitress working for? I know he said KGB or China at one point but why did she show up in his room, is this something to be expanded on later?

She was there to steal the disk from him I assumed. I think she was on to him from the start and was just waiting on him doing all the dangerous work of actually stealing the disk before she fired in, killed him, and nicked it.

I thought the Chinese girl was just part of the East German spy team?

My take on it was that she'd been sent in by his East German superiors to eliminate him because they feared their cover was blown after he stole the floppy disc.

Was the disc not just stolen and thrown from the balcony before he got back in his room? I thought they expected papers in his safe? Maybe I missed something, but the fact that she escaped and not too many questions were asked, I expect her to be an agent for the East too