The recent weather proves why we can't rely on any so called winte

Guest DAVIDB69

Guest DAVIDB69

The last month has had so much rain and so many top flight Scottish games called off.

Incidentally most of the pitches in Scotland are awful and can't take any water, lots of rain in England yesterday but most of the top flight grounds in England looked fine

Leicester's ground looks in amazing condition.

But if we fast forward a year it would be this point now where we stop for two weeks despite having the last month of monsoon weather , then no doubt the weather would be fine for two weeks , then be poor again once the shutdown was over

The last month has had so much rain and so many top flight Scottish games called off.

Incidentally most of the pitches in Scotland are awful and can't take any water, lots of rain in England yesterday but most of the top flight grounds in England looked fine

But if we fast forward a year it would be this point now where we stop for two weeks despite having the last month of monsoon weather , then no doubt the weather would be fine for two weeks , then be poor again once the shutdown was over

I didnae think this applied to the diddy leagues so why do you give a fook??

OP seems to be making the mis-assumption that the winter break - which is only to be 2 weekends, IIRC? - is motivated by avoiding any bad weather.

AFAICS, it's mainly about giving players and pitches a brief rest, helping fans pockets after Christmas and New Year, and OF trips/glamour friendlies.

Still not sure about it myself, and OP's scenario of poor weather immediately before/after but not during the break is valid. That, cashflow and wasted Saturdays were the reasons for it being scrapped twice previously.

It's only been confirmed for Premiership anyway, IIRC.

omgshoop.gif

How many would that be?

League that has hundreds of millions of pounds poured into it has better pitches than Scotland. I, for one, am amazed.

Dundee United spent 225 thousand on there pitch and everything they do with it in a year. Everton spent just over 5 million looking after there's. They have a drainage system only we can dream of.

Let's not go there.

How often do you dream about drainage systems?

£225,000 to look after that sh1t hole of a pitch? I look after 27 holes of golf 18 of them being championship standard and my budget is nowhere near that. Think the boy is doing it wrong or he is just spunking the money?

Since when has looking after a golf course been anything like looking after a football pitch with undersoil heating?

The same person also looked after a golf course. ( drumoig ) sp?

The money is nothing I don't think considering they got put in a new sprinkler system and part of a pitch redone.?

Nae need to worry however. There going doon

Ah the Drumoig thing explains a lot

The same person also looked after a golf course. ( drumoig ) sp?

The money is nothing I don't think considering they got put in a new sprinkler system and part of a pitch redone.?

Nae need to worry however. There going doon

The plug hole?

Archived