Falkirk vs Hibernian - 17/01/16

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bingo.

January 2003.

Remember it like it was yesterday. Thursday after we beat Hearts 4-0

It was a gutter. They resigned, the club refused to accept it, then Thompson paraded them that afternoon anyway. c***s. McCall, Chisolm, and the chauffeur.

McCall loved raiding his former clubs. Brought a bunch of Airdrie players to us the season after they almost went up to the premier league, then took most of our team to Dundee Utd

I can only think of him taking Samuel, Kerr and Coyle to Utd. Were there more than that?

Guest Back Post Misses

Who gives a shit what chairmen think, although since Dempster starting running the show everything coming from boardroom level has been extremely positive. I'm the kind of fan who cares more about what's happening on the pitch, though.

I'd be worrying if we weren't heading in the right direction or at least trying to.

I'm enjoying being a Hibs fan again.

Does she not worry you?

Spent cash she didn't have a Motherwell - needed a bail out from a Rangers fan.

Spending lots of cash at Hibs, failure to get up would mean big cut backs next season?

Aye Thomsons faither acted like a right c**t back then . Not many Falkirk fans shed a tear when the old git carked it I can assure you that.

I've told this before, but I remember going up to Tannadice for a match once, and they were strugglin'. (Think it was the end of season one where we won 2-0 with goals by McBreen and Gow).

Anyway, I was mooching about outside the stand/gate, reading the programme etc. Along comes ET, and heads towards the players/officials entrance bit. The mature gentleman on the gate offered a "Good afternoon Mr Thompson!" in a cheery manner. Eddie's response was a grunted "Is it?" and off he slithered.

I was mortified for the concierge, his face flushed and I think he was ready to deck him.

If that's how he treated his own staff...

This'll be an extremely intriguing game.. I think we might shade it 2-1 but wouldn't be surprised if we lost.

As much as I cannot stand the man, Houston is doing an excellent job. Possibly the best out of Stubbs, Warburton and himself and I'd be extremely nervous going into a playoff with Falkirk. What an exciting few months it will be if all 3 teams keep winning.

I'd disagree though that Falkirk have as strong a squad in any area of the park as Hibs, I'd probably swap Rogers for Oxley and Vaulks for Fyvie/Bartley but that's it. Houston is just getting the most out of his players at the minute.

Does she not worry you?

Spent cash she didn't have a Motherwell - needed a bail out from a Rangers fan.

Spending lots of cash at Hibs, failure to get up would mean big cut backs next season?

Partly thanks to Dempster's leadership, we have a couple of million quid sitting in the bank, ready to absorb a few year's losses. She was refreshingly honest about what that money was for and the fans bought into it.

Since we're absolutely swimming in mullah, I'm pretty happy to see it spent on investments like McGinn. Well done Leeann.

Guest Back Post Misses

Who is this baird character 1 good season and he a world beater, whats he done in the rest of his career?.

Much the same at half your team - very little

Guest Back Post Misses

There won't be any cut backs, ever. We're fucking loaded.

Pointless trying to have a sensible debate I guess.

Hope you are right.

Did the fans buys shares or something?

Unfortunately if Baird was really top quality he like the rest of the players playing for Hibs, Rangers, Falkirk and the other 7 teams in the league wouldn't be pissing about playing in the Scottish championship but would be earning a lot more dough playing at a lot higher level.

Archived