Most risible c**t in Scottish popular culture

Rudolph Hucker, on 07 Jan 2016 - 00:36, said:Rudolph Hucker, on 07 Jan 2016 - 00:36, said:

Pretty sure it's John Hannah, and it does my heid in as well.

Never liked him since he was daft enough to play John Rebus on tv. As big a bit of miscasting as getting Tom Cruise to play Jack Reacher.

At least they managed to right the former wrong with a tremendous bit of casting. Tom Cruise is returning to the latter role however.

Personally I don't mind it, but can see why people would be pissed off at a midget playing a 6 and a half foot monster of a man.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least they managed to right the former wrong with a tremendous bit of casting. Tom Cruise is returning to the latter role however.

Personally I don't mind it, but can see why people would be pissed off at a midget playing a 6 and a half foot monster of a man.

It's better than the Frankie Detorio biopic that Dwayne Johnson made

Pretty sure it's John Hannah, and it does my heid in as well.

Never liked him since he was daft enough to play John Rebus on tv. As big a bit of miscasting as getting Tom Cruise to play Jack Reacher.

I've never liked John Hannah since he was shit in everything he's ever been in.

Rebus was the most annoying because of miscasting I suppose, but Sliding Doors is also a complete abomination.

I'd go as far as saying I hate him as much as everyone that was in This Life. Which is an awful lot of hating.

Aye, Stott is a far better Rebus than Hannah could ever be. Come to think of it, Boy George would be a better Rebus than Hannah.......

Didn't know Cruise was doing another Reacher movie. I never watched the first one; I could probably have enjoyed it as just another action movie but I got totally put off when Lee Child tried to defend the casting of Tom Cruise by saying that Reacher's height, size and strength were "just metaphors". That made the film all the more cynical to me, just another money-grabbing exercise.

Anyway, back on topic - Gordon Brown must be worth a mention on here these days? Worst PM in living memory, cost Labour an election with his dithering, after standing down as PM he cost us all a bomb for his "attendance" allowances but hardly contributed a thing then pops up just before the referendum with his tuppenceworth about Sconnie Botland not being fit to go it alone.

And he's a torn-faced, sulky barsteward as well.

Anyway, back on topic - Gordon Brown must be worth a mention on here these days? Worst PM in living memory, cost Labour an election with his dithering, after standing down as PM he cost us all a bomb for his "attendance" allowances but hardly contributed a thing then pops up just before the referendum with his tuppenceworth about Sconnie Botland not being fit to go it alone.

And he's a torn-faced, sulky barsteward as well.

I was (even more of) a torn faced hoor I'd get on the microfiche in Dunfermline library and dig up a story on him I remember reading from mid 1990s. His local football team, a wee team from Kirkcaldy, had done something vaguely noteworthy and when asked about it he said he was pleased for them but that he wasn't interested in football and only liked rugby. Fast forward a few years and he's a lifelong Raith fan.

Whoever has that really shit phone in show on Radio Scotland around 10 in the morning for people who haven't got anything to do in the morning.

It's been a mercifully long time since I was out of work so much don't know who it is

Kaye Adams, a fucking howling banshee of an individual.

I've never liked John Hannah since he was shit in everything he's ever been in.

Rebus was the most annoying because of miscasting I suppose, but Sliding Doors is also a complete abomination.

I'd go as far as saying I hate him as much as everyone that was in This Life. Which is an awful lot of hating.

He was phenomenal in Spartacus: blood and sand

Aamer Anwar.

I won't hear a word against him. I walked free from court a few years back thanks to his tremendous skills in exposing the defence witness as a fantasist and outright liar.

Thank you Aamer.

Archived