1st Match of the day 2nd Jan 2016

Grim O'Grady

& what a cracker eh.

Spartans v Ed City

Aindlie Park

Ko 3pm

Spartans looking to reel in the points from the so-far League leaders.

I can't imagine it being a massive goal fest. City will no doubt play v defensive, like they did at theirs last year. What we need to make this more entertaining is for us to score early doors. Thing is we've got the strike force well capable of doing that & a terrific midfield that will cause City a lot of problems.

Defensively what great news to hear that Csptain Big Mac is back available.

I can see us going on a massive run of wins, just need to get this one under our belts.

Also don't think I'm letting anything out of the bag here but the buzz around the stand is of a massive new striker being signed. Not sure about the rumour about him being Greek is true but we'll find out soon enough.

Don't forget you heard it here 1st, whoosh!

See you down AP tomorrow. & if anyone is going on the P&B the Walk Crawl then wait for me to come down from my ivory tower & we'll go together.

Grimbo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me get this right...

Spartans are 2-0 up entering first half stoppage time. By 49 minutes it's 2-2, the equaliser just across the line. Spartans then concede 3 penalties all of which are saved, and get 3 men sent off. City score the winner in the last minute.

Jings :o.

Let me get this right...

Spartans are 2-0 up entering first half stoppage time. By 49 minutes it's 2-2, the equaliser just across the line. Spartans then concede 3 penalties all of which are saved, and get 3 men sent off. City score the winner in the last minute.

Jings :o.

Pity Match Of The Day camera's weren't there.

As Grim said, it's a cracker!

Absolute blinder from Blair Carswell. Apart from the three penalty saves he had at least two other cracking stops. With a lesser keeper, or if the Spartans defence hadn't been so good, we could have had eight or more. Officially the winner was scored in 89m 45s.

Were you filming it? Would be great to see.

Also, you'll be able to appeal all the injustices with video evidence.

Davygal- you agree with grim re: the ref?

I was only looking for a bite with Grim lol but in all honesty the ref was contraversy all game i would probably say more to the favour of City the red cards 2 can be questioned but the boy who brought down Allum 100% red Spartans defence was solid today and there keeper was MOTM by a distance i mean who saves 3 penalties? And he had two outstanding saves during the game massive credit to Spartans keeper was an action packed game today and very enjoyable Grim would have 100% filmed it so you can see for yourself

Absolute blinder from Blair Carswell. Apart from the three penalty saves he had at least two other cracking stops. With a lesser keeper, or if the Spartans defence hadn't been so good, we could have had eight or more. Officially the winner was scored in 89m 45s.

Last minute winners help a team win leagues. It is City's to lose now.

I said to my son today City will score in the closing minutes as they allways do and they did you can probably say thats why there champions it is Citys to lose now but tbh i cant see them losing the league and i think they will re-claim the league very good spirited Spartans side today who got wired in from the start

Highly entertaining game. Spartans scoring two cracking goals in first half. Cannot wait to see Grim's highlights to get another look at all the incidents in the 2nd half. At the time felt all three incidents were penalties but would not have thought challenge for third penalty was a red card. Good crowd as well of 528.

I thought the ref got most of the big decisions right but could understand Spartans questioning some other decisions. Edinburgh city looked to have run out of ideas against 8 men but had played well up til then. Allum looked a really good player.

The game was great entertainment and the haggis bridies were braw!

Took in the game yesterday and what an action packed affair.

Don't think Spartans did much and were 2-0 up. Two cracking goals from 2 balls straight down the middle.

City getting the goal back just before half time was key.

Then the 2nd half.....

If I'm being honest I thought the ref got all the decisions right. The 1st red was definately 2 yellows, the 2nd was last man albeit he was on the bye line and the 3rd the boy has kicked there striker while he is on the deck.

Spartans keeper outstanding and as noted above the 2 saves after the penalties were probably the better than the actual penalty saves.

Fair play to Spartans, held strong for the last 30 mins and city ran out of ideas before snatching a last gasp winner.

The city equaliser was a bit of controversy. The Spartans midfielder has punched it clear and from where I was standing it was well over the line. 3 Spartans players then proceeded to lambast the linesman. If the ref hadn't given the goal it would've been a 2nd penalty and a sending off.

Spartans players were rightly clapped off the pitch, an outstanding effort and deserved a draw with 8 men.

Archived