SFA Early Touches Course

Snakebite

From what I can remember of the early touches course, you will be shown some examples of drills suitable for children. some pointers as to what makes a good session and what doesn't. You will probably be participating in these activities at some point, unless they bring kids along to do it for you (they didn't at mine). You will also get a CD/DVD thing which has all the drills you do with perhaps a few extra, along with coaching points and a video of the drill being performed. You wont be asked to deliver in this course but you will if you go onto the 1.2

there are certainly a few things wrong with the coaching courses, however I would say that doing them is beneficial. I would say its good to get in some experience coaching anywhere, if you are not already.

I have always paid by cash. so you don't have to do it by cheque, I am fairly sure they will let you pay by whatever means, if you ask nicely.

I'm planning on doing this as soon as I can (hopefully subsidised through my work). I'd also be keen to do the others that are linked to the first stages of the coaching badges (I've ran school teams for years but have no actual coaching badges to back it up with).

I've just been on the SFA to see this year's dates....none in Dundee. Fucking hell. Plus the Forfar one isn't until much, much later in the year. I will have to go to Perth or Glenrothes if I want them done in the early part of the year. Thats shite.

Dundee ones can be arranged btw if enough interested.

It's a pass no matter what really.

I'm lucky enough to have never paid for any of my courses

Cheers for the info, who is best to contact for potential Dundee ones? My usual link is the school's Active Schools coordinator if they could help?

Will pm. I am just away to go through some futsal courses. Are you doing it for yourself or via a boys club?

Cheers. Just myself. I've been doing school football for a few years and as much as I enjoy it I want some more coaching experience and information help myself but also the school. I'd like to think the council/Active Schools would subsidise the cost for me if possible.

From what I can remember of the early touches course, you will be shown some examples of drills suitable for children. some pointers as to what makes a good session and what doesn't. You will probably be participating in these activities at some point, unless they bring kids along to do it for you (they didn't at mine). You will also get a CD/DVD thing which has all the drills you do with perhaps a few extra, along with coaching points and a video of the drill being performed. You wont be asked to deliver in this course but you will if you go onto the 1.2

there are certainly a few things wrong with the coaching courses, however I would say that doing them is beneficial. I would say its good to get in some experience coaching anywhere, if you are not already.

I have always paid by cash. so you don't have to do it by cheque, I am fairly sure they will let you pay by whatever means, if you ask nicely.

I did it in October 2014 and it was exactly this.

I did it in October 2014 and it was exactly this.

Yes, similar to my experience.

It was paid for by the club I coached with though and I don't even know how much it cost.

Some interesting ideas for drills and some useful tips for coping with different ability levels and suchlike.

Your a football coach and you do drills? We are still speaking about football?

I'm actually not any more, but yes I did conduct drills when I was one. These were exercises done and repeated in an attempt to equip players with particular skills.

These were exercises ? Thought you said they were drills?

Fire drill? You repeat coaching sessions and sometimes add in different exercises for the needs of each individual.

A drill be something like you use in the army or say a fire drill.

Each player is different so each player has different needs.

This however is my own opinion and what I've been grown up with.

Look the word and its various meanings up mate and stop being a bit of a tit about this.

I felt the course didn't benefit me in the slightest,if you were involved in coaching a team or have been then this course takes you right back to basics and won't benefit you,I think these courses were set up to help guid the parents who are in involved with community clubs and have no knowledge of training or games,a big money making scheme from the sfa in my eyes

I'm doing my 1.1-1.3 this year. Club I'm coaching with ar paying for it.

Heard the 1.1 is pretty much a sit down and turn up course. Probably be proven wrong when I get there haha

Turning up will guarantee the award.

I don't think that's a problem at that level though.

Cheers. Just myself. I've been doing school football for a few years and as much as I enjoy it I want some more coaching experience and information help myself but also the school. I'd like to think the council/Active Schools would subsidise the cost for me if possible.

Have you thought about contacting th Scottish schools fa, they may be able help out.

Archived