Saints v Dons 3/1/16 @ 12:30

We're on a bit of a poor run just now results wise and haven't scored for 3 games.

Aberdeen seem a bit inconsistent recently but will surely be looking for a bit of revenge here after receiving a surprise 5-1 pumping from Saints at Pitoddrie earlier in the season.

Our defence is all over the place just now so McGinn,Rooney and Hayes are giving me the fear.

Could be a goal-fest or could be a shit-fest.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davidson and MOH both off injured last night? Chances of them being fit for this? From an AFC point of view the team definitely needs freshening up which is something that McInnes doesn't seem to want to do. Guys like Pawlett, Goodwillie and Smith are due some game time.

The sheep will be re-ignited and the Saints slump will continue. Our glorious 5-1 will become a distant dream and we will begin to wonder if it actually ever happened. WE WILL GET HORSED.

4-0 Aberdeen :(

We don't horse teams. Killie doesn't count since they are truly horrific.

2-0 Aberdeen.

Joe prefers central defence and he feels slightly more comfortable in that position. I'd move him into the centre with Ando and put Dave on the right.

Has he said that? Not being funny, genuinely interested as I agree he looks much better in the centre than at full back. I think switch him and MacKay. I said on WAP I get the general consensus about MacKay not being fast enough but I still think he's the best right back we have and he's better there than in the centre. It makes sense to swap them about. Is Joe taller than MacKay too? Maybe what we need at corners.

Joes definitely taller. My friend has an Aberdeen supporting mate who says Joe was always better in the middle too.

Surely worth a go to see, as we cant continue with the current pairing in the middle

Not sure what difference his position would make at corners though?

Joes definitely taller. My friend has an Aberdeen supporting mate who says Joe was always better in the middle too.

Surely worth a go to see, as we cant continue with the current pairing in the middle

Not sure what difference his position would make at corners though?

Shouldn't have limited my point to corners. I think in general we are lacking height at the back and really lacking a tall centre half who is commanding in the air. Not sure if Joe is the answer to that but it's got to be worth a try considering he's not even getting a game at the moment. What we really need is Frazer Wright *sad face*

Yeah, I interviewed him recently for the Aberdeen match programme and he said that he feels slightly more comfortable in the centre.

Did Steven Anderson not start off as a right back here? Could be a similar situation with Joe.

Archived