Only an Excuse?

I've not watched it, but its not surprising to see the same comments every year now. It's been pish for a long time.

If you can't come up with something funny about Scottish Football with a whole years worth of material to draw on, then there's something far wrong.

f**k sake, even I could see the year that Rangers imploded was an absolute open goal that they shatted it on.

Haven't seen it for years and I think I said the same last year. The most annoying thing is that BBC execs think this is what the great unwashed will like. How can they? They have talent there ie Still Game, Limmy etc. Even Cowan and Cosgrove, who have access to this site, so know the reaction to it.

The only bit I found slightly funny was the Sevco fan saying "It's not really a new year but".

Which was a funny joke when it was first made three years ago, and then done to death. Not sure why it's just appearing on OAE now?

I watched it for the first time in years. I'm not sure why, tbh. More out of morbid curiosity to see how bad it would be more than anything else. The Kingsley sketch was actually quite funny, and I enjoyed the First Dates parody with the Celtic and Rangers fan. But that was it. The rest was dire.

I know that Frank McAvennie was a Celtic player in the 80s and early 90s, but I don't understand what significance he has in 2015/16. He won't register at all on the cultural radar of most people under 30.

• 11 months later...
20 minutes ago, Satans_Husband said:

How do they keep coming up with these hilarious ideas? Judy Murray meeting Frank McAvennie, sure to be comedy gold.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38421829

Just when 2016 couldn't get any worse...

We all know that OAE is very hit and miss but it'd be a hell of a lot less 'miss' if Watson stopped relying on Macca every year. No doubt there'll be an appearance from Denis Law as well.

7 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Just when 2016 couldn't get any worse...

We all know that OAE is very hit and miss but it'd be a hell of a lot less 'miss' if Watson stopped relying on Macca every year. No doubt there'll be an appearance from Denis Law as well.

Didn't he once play for Torino?

Before even I was f..in born!!

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Who still watches this shit? Unfunny, horribly dated and out of touch drivel most likely aimed at the dribbling residents of a nursing home.

It's aimed at people that buy the Daily Record, phone Clyde SSB, and voted Mrs Browns Boys the #1 sitcom of all time.

And there are a lot more of that type of people than it's nice to admit.

I'll wager itll consist of purely Alex Ferguson, Gordon Strachan, Neil Lennon, Frank, Dennis Law, Warburton and the above Judy Murray scenes. Maybe they should change the name to Shite Excuse of a Comedy.
Will only watch to see how bad it is again!

Surely this should have been put to rest ages ago