Only an Excuse?

19 hours ago, virginton said:

Jean Johansson is an absolutely vile human being, a Sevconian without the bus fare from the Port who tried - and utterly failed - to defend the honour of her useless husband against the big, bad Morton fanbase who wanted him out for being fucking useless.

I'm sure she will be utterly devastated that some complete w**k sock from a football forum doesn't like her.

Watched it this morning. It reminded me that it featured as a reasonably big part of my early teenage years watching Scottish football (so 1993-98) and that it was good enough value. It served a purpose and was entertaining enough back then.

23 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Enjoying this but it's so Rangers/Celtic/Sevco focused. The old clips are decent but almost all the 2020 clips are pish (McAvennie pants on the puss was funny mind).

There's so much, every single year, that can be done with Scottish football across all the divisions. To focus it on two particular teams each year and to continue to shoehorn in the same irrelevant characters is just lazy and the main reason why this show is ending.

maybe there is a lot happening across all the leagues but how many people would have a clue who was being parodied if not associated with the national team or the ugly sisters?

I know Burnistoun isn’t every ones cup of tea, but I think the two of them would be able to come up with some good stuff. Both of them football fans as well. 

Funny you should say that, as I was sure that that “haunels, caunels and saunels” skit was just a pure rip-off of something that the Burnistoun boys had done before!!!

On 31/12/2020 at 23:32, IrishBhoy said:

That’s true, but when Rangers were going through their ‘peak banter years’ stage and you could have got a 12 episode series from the stuff coming out of Ibrox alone, it was still the usual sketches he’d done for years.  

On 31/12/2020 at 23:39, Gaz said:

That was when it was obvious it should have been taken out the back and shot. They absolutely shat themselves that year.

I seem to remember hearing back in 2012 that a load of Rangers based sketches were canned for fear of either litigation or social unrest.

On 01/01/2021 at 14:21, Sergeant Wilson said:

I had a post in mind about class, the BBC, society in general, but can't be bothered.

I never liked it. Football makes its own parodies.

Muriel Gray summed it up. Total murder.

16 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Funny you should say that, as I was sure that that “haunels, caunels and saunels” skit was just a pure rip-off of something that the Burnistoun boys had done before!!!

Think it's a Limmy sketch? 

• 1 month later...

They've even managed to shoehorn half of the recent pish into the so-called 'best of'.

Eta: no more.  The old clips being shown are decent enough but this just reeks of recent shite writers / producers trying to justify their shite output (that or they genuinely think that their material is just as good as OAE ever was).  'Best of' should clearly have a ban on anything post-2000.

Edited by Hedgecutter

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

What a steaming pile of shite this was this year... Oops sorry, force of habbit. 

Using this in place of a "pish on BBC One at Hogmanay thread" 

Happy new year when it comes P&B pals

4 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Was sure there was a post OAE Hogmanay thread but can’t find it either.

Get The Tunes On has been fine so far - keeping the Lulu chat to a minimum was wise.

Saying Kirriemuir was in Fife aside aye