Only an Excuse?

Just now, AL-FFC said:

The only bit of this that was even half funny so far was the silent orange walks and republican march sketch (and thats only cause it would be a good ideas would be even better to ban them both)

That has been the *funniest* bit but that’s not saying much. 

Definitely much, much better than in recent years. Still utter, utter shite though. I can just about get along with it but there's so much more funnier material. I mean, the cop celebrating at the game sketch just made me think a wee 'bloopers' show of fans at the game would be 100x better than this half arsed shite.

As was said above, I'll never not watch it though and I'd be raging if it were gone. It's became a shite Hogmanay tradition.

It was the best Only and Excuse for years. I'd give it 3/10 compared to the usual 0.

The Oirishman bit? Also, you could do anything else with Gerrard and make it funny.

Cancel it, get a few random P&B members to do some sketches instead. Half an hour of a grown man flinging shite at another person would be better.

Hard not to miss when everyone else in the house wants to watch it, yes it gets worse every year, but we all still sit down for the full 30 minute ritual. Strange behaviour indeed for something that would not be tolerated at any other point in the Calendar.