Only an Excuse?

Well that's half an hour or so of my life i'll never get back.

Aside from the line in the Brendan Rodgers sketch....'This album isnt available in any shops, bar the dodgy Celtic ones down the Barras' which raised  a slight grin it was utterly migraine inducing. 

If it was a horse it'd have been shot years ago. 

6 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

A number of topics that could have been covered last night:-

Any number of the continual SPFL balls ups (never mind the LC semi final debacle)

The fondness for an Ibrox statement from Jabba Traynor

Stevie G's 'class above Aberdeen' statement

Anything from Craig Levein

Ray the snake McKinnon

The Albion Rovers saga

But instead the usual recycled, not even done properly anymore stuff was wheeled out. Still at least Jane Lewis liked it, apparently.

Not all Johnny Watson's fault, and there may be reasons why certain stuff is sanitised, but there comes a time to say enough is enough and blow the final whistle

The programme is made for a general audience not folk here on P&B . Most of that general audience would not have a scoobie about Ray McKinnon, the Albion Rovers saga etc. Come to think of it I don't have a scoobie about the latter.

The Sportscene bits were quite funny time then less so each time they repeated the single joke multiple times. The rest was fucking woeful. Worst telly since tank commander, shown just before it.
If anyone knows how to get on the BBC gravy train, let me know as it seems you can produce pish year after year without retribution. A great gig.

10 minutes ago, Nold said:

The Sportscene bits were quite funny time then less so each time they repeated the single joke multiple times. The rest was fucking woeful. Worst telly since tank commander, shown just before it.
If anyone knows how to get on the BBC gravy train, let me know as it seems you can produce pish year after year without retribution. A great gig.

You should be able to submit sketches, ideas for shows etc etc direct to the Comedy Unit or send an enquiry to the BBC Scotland site.

Don't expect much payment though if your ideas are used, it is a million miles away from a gravy train.

You should be able to submit sketches, ideas for shows etc etc direct to the Comedy Unit or send an enquiry to the BBC Scotland site.
Don't expect much payment though if your ideas are used, it is a million miles away from a gravy train.

Admittedly that was a gross generalisation. In my opinion, the BBC is renowned for rewarding well known, safe faces, far past their sell by date. That's what I meant to say.

The Comedy Unit isn't BBC Scotland though, they are an independent company.

@Div makes it to the broadsheets.

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/viewers-slam-dreadful-bbc-hogmanay-tv-programme-1-4850857?__twitter_impression=true

One tweeter wrote: “If you even watched Only An Excuse tonight you’ve done Hogmanay completely wrong and need to get in the bin.”

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Same.

Anyone willing to summarise please?

Was more thinking of it from the bring in a load of juniors, not even top class ones, hire a manager completely out of the left field in John Brogan and watch as it all goes completely tits up. Probably not the best suggestion I grant you but a writer may have just had enough imagination to have made it better than Kim Jong In in fucking Millport

Was more thinking of it from the bring in a load of juniors, not even top class ones, hire a manager completely out of the left field in John Brogan and watch as it all goes completely tits up. Probably not the best suggestion I grant you but a writer may have just had enough imagination to have made it better than Kim Jong In in fucking Millport

To give further context Brogan's previous job was with Wishaw, a third tier team in the West junior setup. Noteably took them to the semis of the junior cup for first time since the 30s in his sole season in charge. Before that, Lanark United a team of a similar level. Did have a brief spell in charge of Lowland League club BSC Glasgow before that which is the closest hes been to league football since 1996 with Arbroath (everything else until BSC was junior and never a top tier iirc).

As for the signings the majority iirc came from the third tier or there abouts with one or two from higher up including one from from Pollok.