Only an Excuse?

Actually thought it wasn't that bad. Was pishing myself at the Line of Duty gags, also thought the girl looked exactly like DI Kate Fleming. The VAR stuff was funny, as was the Silent Disco thing. 6.5/10.

The Main show was pish. It was so obviously pre-recorded, which IMO takes you completely out of the spirit of it. The Selling Scotland show was reasonably entertaining.

5 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Actually thought it wasn't that bad. Was pishing myself at the Line of Duty gags, also thought the girl looked exactly like DI Kate Fleming. The VAR stuff was funny, as was the Silent Disco thing. 6.5/10.

The Main show was pish. It was so obviously pre-recorded, which IMO takes you completely out of the spirit of it. The Selling Scotland show was reasonably entertaining.

Fanny!

5 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

There's something seriously wrong with you.

It was terrible, but certainly an 'improvement' on previous years. Thought the Line of Duty and laser eye skits were okay. Still half expect McAvennie to show up though. As said it has just become a 'tradition' now.

Just watched it now, that was largely utter pish. They really need to knock the politics and social culture sketches on the head, although Jonathan Watson still does a decent Neil Oliver. If they kept it to just the football - and I think we can all agree there's enough ridiculousness in Scottish football to take the piss out of for 28 minutes a month, let alone a year - then there might be a future for OAE. It seemed a bit like "We've got Tam from Still Game and that bloke from Taggart so everyone will love it regardless!" Cringey at many parts.

21 hours ago, Jarballs said:

Just watched it now, that was largely utter pish. They really need to knock the politics and social culture sketches on the head, although Jonathan Watson still does a decent Neil Oliver. If they kept it to just the football - and I think we can all agree there's enough ridiculousness in Scottish football to take the piss out of for 28 minutes a month, let alone a year - then there might be a future for OAE. It seemed a bit like "We've got Tam from Still Game and that bloke from Taggart so everyone will love it regardless!" Cringey at many parts.

Eric from 'Two Doors Down' actually.