Only an Excuse?

Two things; why is this pish still on? Why am I watching it?

I seem to remember it being really funny when I was growing up but not sure if that's just nostalgia

Probably because the characters were semi-relevant back then.

I've previously defended the continuation of OAE, possibly simply out of tradition, but this needs binned asap. To quote the other half even with the references thrown in for the links of her, "is this meant to be funny?".

FWIW, Still Game made me laugh more in 30 secs than 30 mins of OAE.

At least I got a few drinks from The Master's drinking game.

Why is Still Game so far ahead of every other Scottish comedy made? This is utter shite. I've had a few laughs but for the most part it's been awful, why only focus on the OF, surely everybody would enjoy it way more if it was based purely on Scottish Football and there was a bit about a whole host of different clubs.

They could at least put a bit of effort in if they're going to bother with it.

Even doing the OF thing he shat out of destroying Rangers when the club/company died a few years ago, he had the biggest open goal ever and bottled it.

WTF is the Stuart Cosgrove thing about?

I wrote an article on it on Jan 1st after last year's one that resonated with people... https://stuartreviewsstuff.wordpress.com/2015/01/01/only-an-excuse-needs-to-end-please/

And yet despite everyone saying "Enough is enough" last year, it's still on.

And as always there wasn't a laugh in it, as it was filled with Watson doing these painfully unfunny, Glasgow-centric sketches with impressions so bad he has to say who he is at the start of each one.

It's symptomatic of the problems at the BBC though; they just recommission the same old shit year on year, whether it's this or the 39 seasons (1000+ episodes) of Bargain Hunt or the 655 episodes of Escape to the Country.

Absolute shambles.