Stranraer v Ayr 2/1/1)

This is why when Dunfermline have two or three injuries they don't lose games because they are a full time team with easier access to players and should easily be walking this league. They have underachieved this season to be honest with you.

So just halfway through the season 9 points clear, most goals scored, least goals conceded, most wins and fewest defeats is underachieving? Will disagree with you there.

They have only just regained there place at the top of the table. I'm not saying they have been poor but I don't think they have been playing brilliant football either. At the start of the season they were blowing teams away but they aren't doing it anymore. I still think a team of Dunfermline's size and stature should be more than 9 points clear.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nine points clear, lost only twice, scored 52 and conceded just 14. One more goal for Moffat and we'll have three players on double figures for league goals.

Hope we keep underachieving.

As do I, see you on the 13th.

Imagine actually thinking Dunfermline Athletic were underachieving this season! There's still a long way to go gut I reckon their season is bang on track; if I was still doing the old Tell Him He's Pelé report cards, I'd be inclined to award them an A - what more can we realistically expect from them?

Imagine actually thinking Dunfermline Athletic were underachieving this season! There's still a long way to go gut I reckon their season is bang on track; if I was still doing the old Tell Him He's Pelé report cards, I'd be inclined to award them an A - what more can we realistically expect from them?

Don't get me wrong I think the league may be won unfortunately. I don't us beating them twice and then they drop more points however they could of been in this position before now.

We're 14 unbeaten and have won our last five games. Unless people were expecting us to have a Rangers-esque season and not lose a single match then I don't see how anyone could complain.

Could still go tits up but we've shown zero signs of that so far. Even when we have looked dodgy at the back, we usually look more than capable of out-scoring the opposition. Obviously the standard of the other sides has to be taken into account but we're also far from the finished article and have been missing half of our first choice back four since September.

If we keep up our current form then we'll win the league comfortably. Ayr, or even Peterhead, might still have something to say about that though.

3 things

1)Stranraer this season have been utter shite, you were shite the first time we played you and were even worse the second. This result is not a reflection on Stranraer or Ayr's quality.

2) I feel sorry for you though. You had a very good manager in Stevie Aitkin who probably realised this was as far as you were going to come and left for a higher division. Plus, Jamie Longworth, who in my opinion was one of the best strikers in the league in the last couple of season hasn't really been given a chance until now. He was brilliant two seasons ago at Somerset when you beat us 6-3.

3) Lastly, any team in this league could beat us right now. Brechin probably should of last week if the pitch was better and had taken there chances properly. Without players like Gilmour and Docherty, who control the game every week and would probably walk into any team in the league (Pars fans will deny it but it's true). We struggle without those players. This is why when Dunfermline have two or three injuries they don't lose games because they are a full time team with easier access to players and should easily be walking this league. They have underachieved this season to be honest with you.

All in all Ayr will probably finish second, win the playoff and Stranraer will be playing football in League 2 come next season.

Facts Stranraer had injuries problems, midfielder had to play centre half two young 18 year old on the field. AYR had injuries but still fielded a strong team.totally outplayed . You lost we won, live with it.

Facts Stranraer had injuries problems, midfielder had to play centre half two young 18 year old on the field. AYR had injuries but still fielded a strong team.totally outplayed . You lost we won, live with it.

We weren't outplayed though we had a chance to finish the game but Preston fluffed it, you scored two mins later and win the game. The players we had out made up about half the team.

We're 14 unbeaten and have won our last five games. Unless people were expecting us to have a Rangers-esque season and not lose a single match then I don't see how anyone could complain.

Could still go tits up but we've shown zero signs of that so far. Even when we have looked dodgy at the back, we usually look more than capable of out-scoring the opposition. Obviously the standard of the other sides has to be taken into account but we're also far from the finished article and have been missing half of our first choice back four since September.

If we keep up our current form then we'll win the league comfortably. Ayr, or even Peterhead, might still have something to say about that though.

Peterhead are a real worry to be honest as are Albion Rovers.

We weren't outplayed though we had a chance to finish the game but Preston fluffed it, you scored two mins later and win the game. The players we had out made up about half the team.

You did not create the chance you had. Also look at game stats outplayed.

I think that because Ayr have done so well it makes our achievements look less impressive I suppose.

3 things

1)Stranraer this season have been utter shite, you were shite the first time we played you and were even worse the second. This result is not a reflection on Stranraer or Ayr's quality.

2) I feel sorry for you though. You had a very good manager in Stevie Aitkin who probably realised this was as far as you were going to come and left for a higher division. Plus, Jamie Longworth, who in my opinion was one of the best strikers in the league in the last couple of season hasn't really been given a chance until now. He was brilliant two seasons ago at Somerset when you beat us 6-3.

3) Lastly, any team in this league could beat us right now. Brechin probably should of last week if the pitch was better and had taken there chances properly. Without players like Gilmour and Docherty, who control the game every week and would probably walk into any team in the league (Pars fans will deny it but it's true). We struggle without those players. This is why when Dunfermline have two or three injuries they don't lose games because they are a full time team with easier access to players and should easily be walking this league. They have underachieved this season to be honest with you.

All in all Ayr will probably finish second, win the playoff and Stranraer will be playing football in League 2 come next season.

NOTHING WORSE THAN A BAD LOSER but it sounds like he is about 5 so we can take what he says with a pinch of salt

Fielded a strong team? Please explain why you think that was in anyway a strong team we had on the pitch. Three of the players missing are amongst the very top players in the league and the other two very capable also. I'm assuming you are basing this theory on the league positions which are very different from current form as right now it feels more like a Roberts team for us. Feel free to keep deluding yourself that Stranraer have turned a corner and are going to be involved in anything other than a relegation battle.

Archived