Stranraer v Ayr 2/1/1)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. Ayr United

8. Stranraer

End of the day Ayr Utd a miles bigger club than Stranraer so should be much higher up the league if not in a higher league altogether BUT

• Even if Ayr do finish higher be the first time for 3 year
  • This is by far our poorest team in recent years but still beat you deservedly
  • When Stranraer were good looked a lot more impressive than your lot this season

AYR UNITED = UNDERACHIEVERS

Pretty much any side out with Brechin would have beaten Stranraer yesterday. To say they were impressive etc is laughable.

On the day they were better than us but at the moment that isn't hard to do.

Pretty much any side out with Brechin would have beaten Stranraer yesterday. To say they were impressive etc is laughable.

On the day they were better than us but at the moment that isn't hard to do.

What a stupid and childish comment

I still think ayr have a good squad ,and are in with a chance of promotion

but to say that about yesterdays game is disrespectful to both teams

As I posted earlier our holding midfielder Bell had a very easy shift playing centre half ,we had to switch about to compensate, as well, two 18 year old, took to the field for us yesterday to compensate for injuries .so you are not alone in that. Bad losers. Beat by a better team, accept that. I would urge Ayr not to get carried away by these results, I am sure they will play a lot of teams this season who are minus a lot of their key players as well, that's football.

Bad losers? A lot of fans predicted this result with good justification before a ball was even kicked which you didn't seem to accept.

I said this earlier, having watched a team with Moore, Docherty, Adams and Boyle in it and a team without them, we are more likely to be relegated than promoted, we are terrible, with these players we went on a 15 game unbeaten run, without them we could go 15 games without a win.

But yeah, Stranny and Cowden are magnificent teams that had to battle hard for the 3 points against a force like Ayr if thats what you want to believe

End of the day Ayr Utd a miles bigger club than Stranraer so should be much higher up the league if not in a higher league altogether BUT

• Even if Ayr do finish higher be the first time for 3 year
  • This is by far our poorest team in recent years but still beat you deservedly
  • When Stranraer were good looked a lot more impressive than your lot this season
AYR UNITED = UNDERACHIEVERS

You're absolutely correct about Ayr being a bigger club and should be higher up the league all things being equal. It was however your boards decision to replace an outstanding manager with somebody no other club in Scotland wanted which has led you to be non competitive this season. Enjoy your victory as over the next few weeks when you play others team it will become apparent whether progress has been made or cracks papered over.

You're absolutely correct about Ayr being a bigger club and should be higher up the league all things being equal. It was however your boards decision to replace an outstanding manager with somebody no other club in Scotland wanted which has led you to be non competitive this season. Enjoy your victory as over the next few weeks when you play others team it will become apparent whether progress has been made or cracks papered over.

Yep agree with those comments

Team has looked better without Mair and Thompson. Bit disappointing as I though they would have been two good additions to the squad.

Like last week I won't get carried away with this result but at least the team are starting to show they have something about them.

McGuigan would be a big loss should he go back to Albion Rovers but, wouldn't be a surprise. He signed thinking he was joining a Stevie Aitken side who would be pushing for the title.

Not for Brian Reids relegation rot.

Be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks as has been a lot of talk of players moving on.

Preston should be scoring with chance he had but didn't and Stranraer went up other end and Longworth showed him how it should be done. Was surprised that with the young keeper having to come on for Stranraer that Ayr didn't test him more

It's no coincidence that the wheels come off when:

1. We lose key and I mean KEY players to injury.

2. The weather starts to make a difference to the pitches.

Both factors affect our 'A' game and we simply do not have a plan B.

All sugar or all shite I'm afraid

I know, I know...

And no other team ever has any injuries.

It's just not fair.

Team has looked better without Mair and Thompson. Bit disappointing as I though they would have been two good additions to the squad.

Like last week I won't get carried away with this result but at least the team are starting to show they have something about them.

McGuigan would be a big loss should he go back to Albion Rovers but, wouldn't be a surprise. He signed thinking he was joining a Stevie Aitken side who would be pushing for the title.

Not for Brian Reids relegation rot.

Be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks as has been a lot of talk of players moving on.

Are you KVz2000 in disguise,where is all these players moving on coming from,Big Mark is now part of a settling team,players have contracts some Stranraer forum members don't seem to understand,are all these players moving on as you say,or the talk is that,are we tearing up contracts right left and centre,are we getting massive bids for these players under contract,I think some are getting caught up with Jim White on Transfer day,this is Scottish League 1,not the EPL.

Are you KVz2000 in disguise,where is all these players moving on coming from,Big Mark is now part of a settling team,players have contracts some Stranraer forum members don't seem to understand,are all these players moving on as you say,or the talk is that,are we tearing up contracts right left and centre,are we getting massive bids for these players under contract,I think some are getting caught up with Jim White on Transfer day,this is Scottish League 1,not the EPL.

Must of hit a nerve there, sorry.

Given we're a small part-time club with a limit to our playing budget, it is quite often the case that at this time of year it one in one out to keep wages stable. It's not uncommon for a players contract to be terminated if it suits all parties involved.

I take everything I hear around town with a bucket of salt never mind a pinch as it usually a rumour started by someone who doesn't even have an interest in the club.

I did say it would be interesting to see what happens as we do have players who have underperformed or not performed at all.

I don't expect Rowan or the Argentinian to be with come the end of January.

3 things

1)Stranraer this season have been utter shite, you were shite the first time we played you and were even worse the second. This result is not a reflection on Stranraer or Ayr's quality.

2) I feel sorry for you though. You had a very good manager in Stevie Aitkin who probably realised this was as far as you were going to come and left for a higher division. Plus, Jamie Longworth, who in my opinion was one of the best strikers in the league in the last couple of season hasn't really been given a chance until now. He was brilliant two seasons ago at Somerset when you beat us 6-3.

3) Lastly, any team in this league could beat us right now. Brechin probably should of last week if the pitch was better and had taken there chances properly. Without players like Gilmour and Docherty, who control the game every week and would probably walk into any team in the league (Pars fans will deny it but it's true). We struggle without those players. This is why when Dunfermline have two or three injuries they don't lose games because they are a full time team with easier access to players and should easily be walking this league. They have underachieved this season to be honest with you.

All in all Ayr will probably finish second, win the playoff and Stranraer will be playing football in League 2 come next season.

This is why when Dunfermline have two or three injuries they don't lose games because they are a full time team with easier access to players and should easily be walking this league. They have underachieved this season to be honest with you.

So just halfway through the season 9 points clear, most goals scored, least goals conceded, most wins and fewest defeats is underachieving? Will disagree with you there.

Brechin should not of beaten us last week, didn't deserve to in the slightest.

To suggest Dunfermline are underachieving is incredibly harsh!

Harsh, they signed players that were playing Championship football and could still be now. With the resources and following they have they should be strolling.

Archived