Stranraer v Ayr 2/1/1)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone thinking Andy Graham done well needs there eyes tested, did he complete a pass? Was woeful in midfield, McCall took off our only player who could produce something out of nothing, to play a centre back in midfield, the game was gone right there.

I don't think anyone said Graham did well, it was said that he was better than Stevenson and Crawford. He actually held his position and made a couple of passes. Agree with the rest, no idea why he took Forrest off. I would have Murphy and Graham at the back for Cowdenbeath. Gerry has sold goals against Peterhead and Stranraer in awful fashion as well as an awful performance against Cowdenbeath.

quote name="chairmanchas" post="10068221" timestamp="1451779801"]from what i saw at the final whistle ,Devlin and a couple of others walked over to applaude the fans and a few frustrated supporters told the players to F-ck off and Devlin jestured that they should do the same I think that the players are trying hard but losing important players at the same time would weaken ANY team .I also think that the players form had dipped at the same time as the injuries to Docherty , Moore,Adam,Gilmour and Boyle !!! and be honest each one of those players would start every week .Reality check ; this time last year ????? were were we ???. the team will get back on form that i am sure off . Support the team

Alright. The players are obviously going to be frustrated too. Can't be bothered with fans who shout abuse then get precious if something is said back to them. Still stupid from Devlin though, it was a posh performance and he should just of walked off.

To get the best from Stevenson, who should be a class player at this level, you need to put workers around him . Once Docherty back we will see best of him . No way he is on £1500 per week . Forrest needs to hit gym and build up upper body and stamina . Still think they need centre half. Look at Howie EK thistle ?? may be worth a chance . McCracken also a bit more mobile than Graham or McLauchlan . Donald should be first choice every week Murphy only a sweeper

How many chances are some of these players going to get , getting beyond a joke now . Dreadful again today . As for Stevenson , you'd have thought it was Ronaldo returning to Man Utd . Embarrassing some of the comments from fans . Anyway no game next week , players back from injury so hopefully we'll push on again and make the play-offs . 4 players again on the bench today . No sure what the point , effort and money that is being spent on a youth policy is about when you can't fill a bench . Probably wouldn't have made a difference but we're the only team in Scotland who can't name a full quota of subs . Very poor .

There's no way someone in Scottish league one is getting paid 72 grand per year. When it was announced McCall thanked Partick for getting the deal done. Thistle wanted rid of him, why the f**k would we offer to pay 100%.

He's not getting paid 72 grand a year in League 1. I can tell you right now we're paying 100%, whether you want to believe it or not is up to you.

Okay, the equivalent of 72 grand per year. If it's the case, paying 100% of a players wages, who Partick were desperate to get rid of, would be utterly ridiculous.

Particularly when we have a two week break in the middle of his deal, so we're paying him three grand to do nothing ????????

Stranraer also had to jockey players about due to injuries, Barron/Aitken/Thompson/Mair out. Our captain midfielder Bell playing centre half ,young 18 year old playing his 2nd only start on the wing. Young 18 year old goalie on for last 15 mins ,so why Ayr blaming defeat on injuries. Wee Cairney showed what a midfielder is about. And then we have the Ayr fans favorite Jamie Longworth, and thanks for Malky what a engine.

If Celtic offered Ayr Griffiths as long as they paid 1500 a week towards his wage, Cameron would knock it back, this is a man who refused to pay £3000 for Moffat, the man who is running a club with no physio currently, there is no way on earth that he has sanctioned anything like that a week for a part time team.

£150 a week would be a stretch

Tbf all the players you listed are shite and wouldn't be missed in any team.[/quote

Any one of them if fit would have added a bit of class, to your team today.

Stevenson was sensational, we're did you get him.

Good try m8.

Stevo has had 3 tragic games for us and wouldn't get in our starting xi when everyone is fit.

My understanding of his wages is that he is paid £1,200 p/w from Thistle, we (Lachlan himself) are paying £1k of that p/w over the 28 days of the loan, he won't be getting that once he signs up for the rest of the season.

Archived