Stranraer v Ayr 2/1/1)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better from Stranraer today. We looked more organised and everybody worked hard. Looks like we are starting to work together a bit better as a team and don't think anyone could argue that we didn't deserve the 3 points. One or two ropey moments at the back but good to see the defence register a clean sheet.

Cairney was good today - seems to be a little bit fitter meaning he has a little bit more time on the ball. Was never any doubting he has ability and he put a couple of nice wee slide rule passes in today. Jamie Longworth scores goals and was always the solution to our failings up front - great finish for the goal. Thought McGuigan had another good game and utilised his pace well on the right hand side. Shame that McGurn seems to have picked up a nasty injury - only downside to a much better day for Stranraer fans. Even Brian Reid was showing a little bit of passion!

As for Ayr Utd well I know that had a lot of injuries but they will struggle to stay where they are based on that display. Couple of shocking tackles as well near the end which could have resulted in serious injuries.

Happy new year to all blues fans - tonight there is something to actually be positive about!

Fantastic performance from Stranraer today , no failings and a super effort from everyone, well deserved victory , we must keep this standard up as still a wee gap between us and team above us,,but things certainly looking better.

Sounds as if we have kicked on from last Saturday Tucker. Wasn't there today but at Stenny Cairney ran the show in the middle, we had a genuine threat up front, and I am at last encouraged that, in players like McCloskey, Turner, Stirling and McGuigan we have guys that will attack teams down the flanks.

Progress at last and a good Saturday night!

We have a lot of injuries but that performance was not good enough for a team second top of the league. Never at any point did we look like we could score and our midfield was posted missing for the entire game. Thankfully we have no game next weekend, a chance to get players back fully fit and try and get back on track.

Poor poor stuff today, Fleming was again our best player.

That said, Stranraer impressed me today and the fact they only won 1-0 is a bit of an injustice. Paul Cairney ran the game and they really should've scored more.

Preston missed a glorious chance and then Stranraer went up the pitch and scored but it was a thoroughly deserved goal. We were a mile of the pace and Stranraer were not only better, they wanted it more.

By all means I'm trying not to be too harsh on the team as we have had a good season so far, but we have been comfortably beaten by Peterhead, Cowdenbeath and Stranraer in our last 3 away games with the performances being shocking. Need to get a wee run together again when players are back from injury.

We have a lot of injuries but that performance was not good enough for a team second top of the league. Never at any point did we look like we could score and our midfield was posted missing for the entire game. Thankfully we have no game next weekend, a chance to get players back fully fit and try and get back on track.

Poor poor stuff today, Fleming was again our best player.

That said, Stranraer impressed me today and the fact they only won 1-0 is a bit of an injustice. Paul Cairney ran the game and they really should've scored more.

Preston missed a glorious chance and then Stranraer went up the pitch and scored but it was a thoroughly deserved goal. We were a mile of the pace and Stranraer were not only better, they wanted it more.

By all means I'm trying not to be too harsh on the team as we have had a good season so far, but we have been comfortably beaten by Peterhead, Cowdenbeath and Stranraer in our last 3 away games with the performances being shocking. Need to get a wee run together again when players are back from injury.

A good and very fair summary of today's events.

I'd love to know the dynamic between stevo and McCall.

I've only seem him once (first game back) but by all accounts he's only got worse. He didn't look fit to me.

Does he know he's letting us down? Is he trying hard to get back to an acceptable standard? Does McCall regret signing him?

In short, what's going on with stevo?

A thread about 2 teams that aren't Dunfermline and 70% of the posts are from pars fans

standard

We have so many fans. They spill out everywhere.

While I'm here, cheers Stranraer!

It shows how poor our midfield was that a centre half coming on was our best midfielder. Baffling that Forrest was taken off.

Stevenson can get to f**k, hopeless. We created one chance against Stranraer, pathetic.

Don't believe the hype...

Thoroughly deserved to lose that one today. It's pretty poor that a team containing Stevenson, Preston, Forrest, Caldwell and Trouten failed miserably to produce a single decent chance over the game. The one effort we did have was the result of a God-awful back pass from Stranraer!

Not really sure what the Stevenson situation is, he certainly doesn't look like a player coming down two leagues. If anything he doesn't yet look good enough for League Two! In fairness he was a wee bit more involved in the last twenty mins and we will need to give him time to gel with the squad and actually get fit.

This two week break can't come quick enough, we are missing some vital players all at once and it's basically fucked any chance of winning this division.

Archived