Stranraer v Ayr 2/1/1)

My understanding of his wages is that he is paid £1,200 p/w from Thistle, we (Lachlan himself) are paying £1k of that p/w over the 28 days of the loan, he won't be getting that once he signs up for the rest of the season.

You're paying £4k for him this month alone? :lol:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps bodog are paying his wages. Who knows. Still think it was a good move by McCall to bring him in, just hasn't worked so far. No one can doubt stevos commitment to the cause, he wants Ayr to win as much as we do. Sadly he hasn't been able to carry an injury depleted side on his own, or indeed add much to it by all accounts. But still half a season to go, plenty to play for.

If Doc and Adams played, we would have won. They are imperative to how we play, not only defensively, but offensively. We can live without Moore, or Boyle, or Gilly, but not they 2. The midfield was non existent and we only really created 1 chance which was right before Stranraers winner. This weeks break could rebuild our season, get players fit, bring in some new faces and go again.

If Doc and Adams played, we would have won. They are imperative to how we play, not only defensively, but offensively. We can live without Moore, or Boyle, or Gilly, but not they 2. The midfield was non existent and we only really created 1 chance which was right before Stranraers winner. This weeks break could rebuild our season, get players fit, bring in some new faces and go again.

And you didn't even create that one chance.

It's no coincidence that the wheels come off when:

1. We lose key and I mean KEY players to injury.

2. The weather starts to make a difference to the pitches.

Both factors affect our 'A' game and we simply do not have a plan B.

All sugar or all shite I'm afraid

Missing key players and seeing the massive difference in the lack of pressure, challenges and ball retention makes it obvious we struggle without Adams/Docherty and Gilmour all st the same time. It is also giving teams a free run at the defense which has been reasonably solid up until the injury crisis. I would urge Stranraer and Cowden fans not to get carried away, we are playing like a team being relegated just now, no confidence without a ball winner in the middle of the park and an attacking midfield all running about chasing the ball and a defense that is getting switched about to compensate and has been a calamity for 3 games now. Its not that you are suddenly worldbeaters, it is because we are suddenly shite

Missing key players and seeing the massive difference in the lack of pressure, challenges and ball retention makes it obvious we struggle without Adams/Docherty and Gilmour all st the same time. It is also giving teams a free run at the defense which has been reasonably solid up until the injury crisis. I would urge Stranraer and Cowden fans not to get carried away, we are playing like a team being relegated just now, no confidence without a ball winner in the middle of the park and an attacking midfield all running about chasing the ball and a defense that is getting switched about to compensate and has been a calamity for 3 games now. Its not that you are suddenly worldbeaters, it is because we are suddenly shite

As I posted earlier our holding midfielder Bell had a very easy shift playing centre half ,we had to switch about to compensate, as well, two 18 year old, took to the field for us yesterday to compensate for injuries .so you are not alone in that. Bad losers. Beat by a better team, accept that. I would urge Ayr not to get carried away by these results, I am sure they will play a lot of teams this season who are minus a lot of their key players as well, that's football.

I don't think blaming injuries is being bad losers - it's stating a fact. The better team won yesterday and probably should have won by more. Cairney absolutely ran the show for 70 mins, and a keeper that looked about 12 years old played for 15 mins without being tested. If we had a full team available I'd expect to beat Stranraer as the ones missing make us a better team - it's fairly simple

I worry for us though if Moore doesn't stay until end of season as there is no pace going forward without him. Need Adams and Doc back in midfield as well, can't fault Stevo for effort yesterday but he needs those 2 in behind him to let him play further forward

Stranraer fans absolutely begging to be told they were the better team.

One of the Cowden fans accused me of bias towards Ayr when I was describing how utterly rotten we were and didn't compete at all, we are back to the days of Crawford, McStay and Sinclair in midfield, defensively they are traffic cones.

Stevensons first spell at Ayr he had Keenan along side him to win the ball and give it to him.

Archived