Stranraer v Ayr 2/1/1)

Possibly being a bit harsh on Stevo, just frustrating, he should be keeping things simple and strolling games at this level. I don't understand how someone training full time can be so badly off the pace. Can't believe how anonymous Trouten was when he came on too, though at least made one or two challenges. I really hope Stevo can show what he can do with Adams and Doc back. Think it has to be from the bench (unless it's behind Preston with Moore and Caldwell?! away) With Moore's loan deal expiring today I'm assuming we won't see him again.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't underestimate the difference between fit and match fit. Macausland for us was shaky for a couple of weeks but once he was up to speed he has been clearly our best defender since Fordyce got injured. I would think that Stevenson will get to level where he is one of first on teamsheet. But may be too late.

You can't underestimate the difference between fit and match fit. Macausland for us was shaky for a couple of weeks but once he was up to speed he has been clearly our best defender since Fordyce got injured. I would think that Stevenson will get to level where he is one of first on teamsheet. But may be too late.

This is true, as fans it's certainly easy to underestimate the difference it makes, even at this level.

Just watched the highlights, Gerry has absolutely sold that goal, appalling defending.

Not in the least bit surprised to see Ayr fans being disappointed in Stevenson. Showed flashes with us but was generally a huge disappointment who excelled only in being a petulant fanny.

Loathe to make this all about the injuries. Yes it's a HUGE deal (try taking 5 key players out of Barcelona's team) but we've stopped doing the basics.

Our 14 game unbeaten run was built off the back of hard graft. We've looked powerpuff during the last month.

I heard someone say today it was almost like watching the team from the Roberts era. Can't really argue. There was effort but very little direction and you could have driven three buses through our midfield.

Credit to Stranraer from the point of view they are clearly improving. But we had players out there who should have hurt them and we didn't come close. Hopefully the picture looks a lot better in two weeks when we have our team back.

Time to start planning for the play offs.

Well done Stranraer.

Wanted it more than us by a country mile.

Ayr not enough dig in midfield and this left our shaky defence exposed on numerous occasions.

The midfield did not back up the front two.

Preston look around for the easy pass (we would have been one up).

Stevo, Ryan you are much better than you are showing so come on look in the mirror matey.

Devlin the supporters like you, you are good BUT don't get too big for your boots pal.

Take the plaudits BUT take the criticism that comes along when you don't play well.

We pay your wages pal if can't take it sling your hook i.e. FCUK OFF. (See I can swear too).

P.S. you are the captain part of your job is to get the team playing.

Would struggle to name a Stranraer player that didn't play well today but would struggle to name an Ayr player who did. Every single second ball dropped to a Stranraer player and you can't expect to win games when you can't do the basics.

Stranraer genuinely looked to threaten every time they got the ball and they were thoroughly worse their victory. We had one good chance, two at a push?

I really don't want to be too critical but that today was powder puff.

Ayr never looked like winning this game. One glorious chance that Preston blew big time. Stevenson looked distinctly "League 1". Ayr fans resorting to arguing with each other in the stand, two guys were going at it calling each other all the obsceneties under the sun. Definetly felt like a return to the bad old days under Roberts in so many ways

Anyone thinking Andy Graham done well needs there eyes tested, did he complete a pass? Was woeful in midfield, McCall took off our only player who could produce something out of nothing, to play a centre back in midfield, the game was gone right there.

And he made that decision because Crawford and Stevenson were dung. His 1500 a week could be spent on 2 or 3 decent part time players, sorry Ryan, but after they 3 games, no thanks.

from what i saw at the final whistle ,Devlin and a couple of others walked over to applaude the fans and a few frustrated supporters told the players to F-ck off and Devlin jestured that they should do the same I think that the players are trying hard but losing important players at the same time would weaken ANY team .I also think that the players form had dipped at the same time as the injuries to Docherty , Moore,Adam,Gilmour and Boyle !!! and be honest each one of those players would start every week .Reality check ; this time last year ????? were were we ???. the team will get back on form that i am sure off . Support the team

Ayr never looked like winning this game. One glorious chance that Preston blew big time. Stevenson looked distinctly "League 1". Ayr fans resorting to arguing with each other in the stand, two guys were going at it calling each other all the obsceneties under the sun. Definetly felt like a return to the bad old days under Roberts in so many ways

Archived