Stranraer v Ayr 2/1/1)

Maybe that small band of followers is greater than you think,I would say about 60 or 70 fans were at Ochilview last Saturday and even when the team went a goal behind there was no discerning voices aimed at the players or the Management,no mention of overweight midfielders etc just encouragement,maybe some fans don't want to come on just in case they get slated by over zealous fans who think we are a Chelsea,Aston Villa etc,if you are a fan of 30 years don't you remember the mid 80s,1 win in 27 I believe, I like to believe I do have a balanced slant on things and I know one win is not a revival,but it's a start and a story about having a team discussion is a non story as far as I'm concerned,don't the committee meet every Monday for a discussion.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was in Free Press , but depends on reader, you know the old half full half empty pun, suggest you are of the half empty ilk Tucker Sloan.

Last season I did nothing but praise those at the club cause we were professionally run right across the board and yes punching above our weight. I don't expect those levels to be repeated year in year out. BUT my point being my glass is half full/half empty depending on factors which I don't control.

if you are a fan of 30 years don't you remember the mid 80s,1 win in 27 I believe, I like to believe I do have a balanced slant on things and I know one win is not a revival,but it's a start and a story about having a team discussion is a non story as far as I'm concerned,don't the committee meet every Monday for a discussion.

Yes unfortunately I remember the 80s when we were dire at times but not sure how that's relevant to Reid's current performance. He inherited a decent squad and has a reasonable budget by all accounts. I think that's more important than how good we were under Davie Sneddon etc.

There is a difference between a team discussion and a player implying there was no plan forthcoming. You clearly see things differently - I respect your views! Don't have a problem with that .......what I do have a problem with is anyone who makes out that anyone who says things are not going okay can't be a proper fan. Been a lot of that lately and its poor tbh.

It wouldn't surprise me if Reid was operating without a plan, most weeks we showed up and played it out, he went from defensive (451) to not attacking (442) which was as much tactically as he seemed to have in his locker. We would sometimes thump someone and then get beat 4-2 the next game. It was a strange time.

Genuinely no idea what team we should play. Ideally it would involve recalling someone on loan, but otherwise.

Fleming

Devlin

McLauchlan

Graham

Donald

Trouten

Crawford

Stevenson

Forrest

Preston

Caldwell

Stevenson and Crawford both have to play the holding role or we will get torn to pieces again. Stevenson needs to take responsibility and retain possession too.

Graham, in particular, has been ripped to shreds two games in a row. Big performance needed from him and the rest after Tuesday.

Yes unfortunately I remember the 80s when we were dire at times but not sure how that's relevant to Reid's current performance. He inherited a decent squad and has a reasonable budget by all accounts. I think that's more important than how good we were under Davie Sneddon etc.

There is a difference between a team discussion and a player implying there was no plan forthcoming. You clearly see things differently - I respect your views! Don't have a problem with that .......what I do have a problem with is anyone who makes out that anyone who says things are not going okay can't be a proper fan. Been a lot of that lately and its poor tbh.

Hear hear to that , I received verbal abuse that saddened me because it brings our club forum and discussions down to the level of others , similar to Old Firm debates , surely when a club drops from top to bottom of a league in such a short period there needs to be questions asked and most supporters will be unhappy , as you say if/when we start climbing the table away from the relegation zone the manager will deserve to get some positive comments or praise, but certainly not at the moment although ,fingers crossed we have turned the corner , a win on Saturday v an off form injury hit Ayr will be another step in the right direction...

Never a better time to play us.

Our XI is still capable of getting the job done, but we quickly need to plug the gaps (particularly in midfield).

When you look at the kind of firepower we have going forward, we should still be beating most teams in the league.

This may well come down to who wants it more.

Genuinely no idea what team we should play. Ideally it would involve recalling someone on loan, but otherwise.

Fleming

Devlin

McLauchlan

Graham

Donald

Trouten

Crawford

Stevenson

Forrest

Preston

Caldwell

Stevenson and Crawford both have to play the holding role or we will get torn to pieces again. Stevenson needs to take responsibility and retain possession too.

Graham, in particular, has been ripped to shreds two games in a row. Big performance needed from him and the rest after Tuesday.

Can I ask just out of curiosity if Graham was so bad, why not play Murphy

Can I ask just out of curiosity if Graham was so bad, why not play Murphy

Still think Graham is a better defender, has done well overall despite two bad games in a row.

Forecast for heavy rain tonight and tomorrow morning, must be off surely ????

Latest pitch update from a club official.

"Pitch update

Pitch is absolutely fine no water groundsman rolled yesterday. Stranraer forecast light rain tonight and tomorrow so if that is case no problems envisaged."

So pitch fine just now. Rain tomorrow. Hopefully worst in the east going by forecast.

Any Stinlar based Ayr fans ken a rain dance?

Forecast says a few hours of heavy rain tonight and then from 8 tomorrow morning til 12 heavy again and light from 12 onwards so looks like plenty of aqua!

Been looking forward to this game but given the injuries, especially to the midfield, im worried about it. Didnt make the last game but by all accounts Stevenson was poor? I didnt think he was up to much against Brechin in regards to putting himself about. Was he similar at Cowdenbeath? I dont think we can leave him out the starting line-up but will he really bring more than Crawford would? (Although I know its likely they will both start anyway)

Havent seen much if anything of the younger guys from youth team. How would they fare?

Stevo and Murphy were absolutely dreadful at Cowdenbeath.

Crawford looked lost as he was the only midfielder who could move.

McCall would be better playing a back 5 than a midfield 5 if he insists on playing Murphy IMO.

The u20s seem to be a strange one , I haven't seen them this year but appear to have good results against boys their own age but I don't think they have won a game playing for Lugar (hadn't last I checked)

McCall would be better playing a back 5 than a midfield 5 if he insists on playing Murphy

I agree with that.

Another option is Graham at LB, can he play there? That would allow Donald to move up to left wing. But then means dropping one of Forrest or Trouten if Caldwell starts (which I think he should). Maybe...

Fleming

Devlin

Gerry

Murphy

Graham

Forrest

Stevo

Crawford

Donald

Caldwell

Preston

Stevo and Murphy were absolutely dreadful at Cowdenbeath.

Crawford looked lost as he was the only midfielder who could move.

McCall would be better playing a back 5 than a midfield 5 if he insists on playing Murphy IMO.

The u20s seem to be a strange one , I haven't seen them this year but appear to have good results against boys their own age but I don't think they have won a game playing for Lugar (hadn't last I checked)

Murphy will always be poor if he is continued to be played in midfield. He has no mobility anymore. Playing him there is asking for the team to beat you.

Archived