Stranraer v Ayr 2/1/1)

So....'Derby' day is nearly upon us.

Any chance it will be on? From a footballing point of view it probably suits Ayr to be off - with the injuries at the moment (Adams, Docherty, Boyle all out, Moore and Gilmour probably out) I can't see anything but a home win.

Still, a New Year trip down the road with the team playing well (up until a few weeks ago) should see a decent crowd go down, so in that regard it would be nice if it was on!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good chance it will be off but here we go. Based on the performances of some players again Cowden this is what it could be.

Fleming

Devlin

Gerry

Murphy

Muir

Forrest

Wardrope - think he deserves a shot

Stevo or Crawford (could go either way)

Donald

Caldwell

Preston

Possibly the best time to play Ayr given their injury woes and slight dip in form.

We looked great on Saturday, carry that into this game and we've got a chance.

Looks like it's not Reids fault when we win either then if it was the players who changed the tactics.

On the radio yesterday it said a couple of senior Stinlar players had recently sat down with Reid and told him he needed to start using tactics during games. Might be a bad time to play them...

Hi ,

What radio station was that on , interesting theory , did you hear it yourself what was the content of the story , even more worrying if our players need to guide the manager ,

Hi ,

What radio station was that on , interesting theory , did you hear it yourself what was the content of the story , even more worrying if our players need to guide the manager ,

Don't see this being true. There's no way Reid would allow that. He'd rip up contracts before being undermined.

Hi ,

On the the back page of the local rag,no big deal a team discussion which would happen regularly in most teams,ideas between manager and players if we get it right who cares.

Hi ,

It was on bbc when I was driving back up the M74. Reid was being interviewed and he acknowledged this had taken place.

Read this in the Free Press when visiting my gran earlier. Now I don't have the paper to hand but from what I recollect according to the paper Craig Malcolm said a couple of the senior players suggested to Reid that we need to enter games with a plan (no sh*t Sherlock) - not a DIFFERENT plan....just A PLAN! Then we go onto produce the sort of result that I think we all knew our squad should still be capable of producing.

2 possibilities:-

1. Malcolm has been misquoted and he simply meant they had a frank exchange of views (nothing wrong with that).
  2. Malcolm is trying to let it be known (after a good game) that things were that desperate the players felt it was necessary to state the obvious and more or less do the managers job for him. Taking away any credit that the manager may receive for FINALLY getting it right.

I don't know what goes on in the dressing room but must say I thought it was a peculiar story. One way or another fingers crossed we can produce a similar display on Saturday as Ayr could be there for the taking.

If we go on a decent run of form and finish the season in mid table then am sure most people (including myself) will conclude this is indeed a non story. At the moment it appears that a small band of Stranraer fans don't want to draw any conclusions from the numerous bad results/performances but as soon as we get a single good (in fact very good) result perceive that to be evidence that all is well in the camp. Can't have it both ways!

I don't understand this thought process where if you raise any concerns or produce a balanced summary some fans question your support for a club you have followed for over 30 years. Look at Scotland under Craig Levein when he played that 6-4-0 formation and made other key errors. He was rightly criticised by the fans in Prague who are one of the most loyal in world football. Did the fans want their team to lose??? NO But what they did want was a change of manager because that's what they believed to be in their country's best interests.

I will continue to go to Stair Park and continue to want the team to win. Maybe Brian Reid will get things right (by that I mean not just an occasional good result) and trust me if am proved wrong I will be the first to admit it and glad that the team must therefore be doing well.

If we go on a decent run of form and finish the season in mid table then am sure most people (including myself) will conclude this is indeed a non story. At the moment it appears that a small band of Stranraer fans don't want to draw any conclusions from the numerous bad results/performances but as soon as we get a single good (in fact very good) result perceive that to be evidence that all is well in the camp. Can't have it both ways!

I don't understand this thought process where if you raise any concerns or produce a balanced summary some fans question your support for a club you have followed for over 30 years. Look at Scotland under Craig Levein when he played that 6-4-0 formation and made other key errors. He was rightly criticised by the fans in Prague who are one of the most loyal in world football. Did the fans want their team to lose??? NO But what they did want was a change of manager because that's what they believed to be in their country's best interests.

I will continue to go to Stair Park and continue to want the team to win. Maybe Brian Reid will get things right (by that I mean not just an occasional good result) and trust me if am proved wrong I will be the first to admit it and glad that the team must therefore be doing well.

Was in Free Press , but depends on reader, you know the old half full half empty pun, suggest you are of the half empty ilk Tucker Sloan.

Archived