Monklands Derby - El Buckfastico

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3x single seater portaloos and plastic barriers and you're all snotty?

Watched the highlights and thought that the terracing behind the goal was an accident waiting to happen, stewards falling on their arses, barriers toppling over at the slightest pressure, can believe this passes any safety checks.

Fairness to them at least theyre trying. If anything the number of fans may need to be reduced and no fans on the walkway in front of the terracing.

The tone was set early when the asshole stewards tried to stop a flag being hung over the plastic barrier. Why, what was the need for that?

If they're going to be greedy and overload their ground then their geeksquad of fans might need to be a bit less prescious and the Stewards (and fat blooter of a striker) stop trying to act hard.

The tone was set early when the asshole stewards tried to stop a flag being hung over the plastic barrier. Why, what was the need for that?

It was a fire risk apparently.

The safety certificate was granted on the basis that all fans stand behind the barrier (the metal one) and the painted stairways are kept clear but that's never going to happen. The ash track at the front should be concrete or Tarmac.

I would rather have a ramshackle stadium like rovers than our soulless empty stadium miles outside the town centre and which has been the reason behind our drastic fall from grace. I wouldn't be boasting and point scoring about our facilities. That ground is the worst thing that ever happened to us.

3x single seater portaloos and plastic barriers and you're all snotty?

Neither of our clubs can be happy with the current state of affairs. Our beloved Cliftonhill is not fit for purpose and Airdrie's rented accommodation is unsatisfactory in other ways. I think the model of wee teams like ours owning large chunks of property has probably had its day. But paying expensive rent to a private sector overlord is also unattractive.

Fairness to them at least theyre trying. If anything the number of fans may need to be reduced and no fans on the walkway in front of the terracing.

If they're going to be greedy and overload their ground then their geeksquad of fans might need to be a bit less prescious and the Stewards (and fat blooter of a striker) stop trying to act hard.

Was the flag red, white and blue by any chance?

Neither of our clubs can be happy with the current state of affairs. Our beloved Cliftonhill is not fit for purpose and Airdrie's rented accommodation is unsatisfactory in other ways. I think the model of wee teams like ours owning large chunks of property has probably had its day. But paying expensive rent to a private sector overlord is also unattractive.

Is it unattractive or is that just a myth peddled by Jim Balloontyne? You get what you pay for. We cant make the figures work because our crowds are shit. Balloontyne couldnt get us to a level where he could make it pay. Just like Rovers are asking for problems with their fire trap, inadequate "comfort facilities", inadequate terracing, etc. My biggest gripe is that we were robbed after Airdrieonians paid £5.2m to Barr to build the stadium and we dont own it. If we miraculously did own the ground just now it would just be descending into disrepair.

My stance is that I'd love to be back at cliftonhill next season and that Andy Redmond the groundsman is doing a good job on minimal budget.

After the huge rise in prices at Cliftonhill and increased gates throughout this season, and with the likelihood of another season of the same, perhaps we'll go all out for 4G in the Summer.

Cliftonhill is not fit for any purpose.It is an accident waiting to happen.Safety certificate for metal barriers then let the fans stand against plastic road work barriers to prevent a push towards plywood hoadings held up by sand buckets Where is the duty of care .If Airdrie went to play their home games it could be a backward move and I said as much when it was proposed and nothing I have seen during the last two visits has changed my mind .It is not a safe stadium

Cliftonhill is not fit for any purpose.It is an accident waiting to happen.Safety certificate for metal barriers then let the fans stand against plastic road work barriers to prevent a push towards plywood hoadings held up by sand buckets Where is the duty of care .If Airdrie went to play their home games it could be a backward move and I said as much when it was proposed and nothing I have seen during the last two visits has changed my mind .It is not a safe stadium

Point taken, the club has made several attempts to move stadium. The most recent in 2007 would have seen a community stadium with NLC at Kirkwood Sportsbarn site with Cliftonhill being redeveloped for housing. Timing was everything the credit crunch followed by recession pulled the plug on it.

If Rovers had gone along with George Peat and sold their ground to help fund the Shysterberry Stadium , dare I say it would have seen the end of Rovers as well as Airdrie.

No argument from me.

The highlight of the match for me was watching the stewards rush to contain the surge of away fans after Alan Reid's calamitous own goal - and Lister's goal too. Tremendous viewing.

Really annoyed I missed the second visit to Cliftonhill, I imagine we'll be down there again next season though, provided we don't go down.

Archived