Making a Murderer

ICTChris

Finished watching it, Brendan Dassey still being in prison is outrageous, the fact there was no blood found in the trailer after they apparently stabbed and slit her throat is more than enough to let him out of prison, I mean, come on tae f**k, how can there not be 1 spot of blood found, the trailer was a fucking riot!! The fact he's been in prison due to a so called confession he made is disgusting, feel terrible for him.

I was on the fence with Steven Avery, more so leaning towards him being not guilty but after watching episode 9 Zellner just blows the whole thing wide open with evidence. The work diary with the ex boyfriend was interesting, he had the diary after saying it was dropped off at the house but Zellner tracked phone calls made and her route before heading to Steven Avery and it was impossible that she would have time to drop this off, that was an eye opener for me as well as Kratz doing a sneaky and saying no evidence was found on the PC when quite clearly there was. Then you have the maw, what a stupid auld cow she is, lying that they didn't have internet when the evidence is there in black and white that they did and then stupidy giving Zellner information without even knowing, she knows fine well what went down. Maybe I missed the reason but why wasn't she in with Brendan the whole time he was being questioned by police instead of popping in for 5 mins after the cops have got the info they needed? Surely she was allowed!

Brendan will serve the rest of his time by the looks of things and Steven Avery will most likely die in prison, the state knows they have fucked up with this and the evidence is stacked against them, if it went to a retrial they know they would lose this, it's too much of a pain in the tits to release him, far too much baggage, it's easier for them to keep him in jail.

Shame for them both, really is!

Edited by M0rtonfc

Finished watching this a week or so ago and left it feeling more convinced of both Brendan and Steven's innocence, but also more convinced they'll never be exonerated. It's quite heartbreaking watching Steven's parents' health starting to fail, knowing they are desperate to see their son free, but it being unlikely to ever happen in their life time.

Given the circumstances, it seems ridiculous that Steven probably has a better chance of at least getting a re-trial when Brendan's case is so much stronger, but that coerced confession just completely fucks his chances over and the unwillingness of the state court to throw that out means there's not really any wiggle room for him. As there is literally no physical evidence, all Brendan can do is hope that AEDPA is either scrapped or reworded in a way that can aid his defence more and give the federal courts more room ti review. It seems to me that the federal judges were at the very least sympathetic to his plight, but ultimately they made the correct call with the restrictions placed on them by that legislation. Steven has a raft of physical evidence that's demonstrably planted but he seems to have a rather unsympathetic judge looking after his case file. The fact prosecutors are more open to a evidentiary hearing than the judge is pretty much sums up the wrangle he is stuck in.

Edited by Kyle

On 22/10/2018 at 00:34, JamieStevenson said:

Not so good this time around. A whole load of filler shite. 

I've got 3 episodes of Season 2 left, and it's a struggle to watch.  Utter shite.

Just finished watching this and it annoys me how screwed up the American justice system is. Don’t like a decision? Just keep appealing it until the decision is overturned.  You could tell that as soon as it went to the supreme courts that Dassey would be staying in prison.

How Brendan is still in prison is truly baffling. Surely him and Steven will get out once the evidence that Zellner puts to the court proves that they had nothing to do with her kidnap and death.

Two people I would like to see locked up, apart from the actual killer(s), is Ken Kratz and that copper Colborn. They know they are in the shit.

If the actual content of series 2 had been put into 4 or 5 episodes (max) that could have been a really interesting update. Stringing it out to 10 episodes made it chore to watch.

I also wish these types of documentary wouldn’t show the experiments some of these lawyers do. In the first episode, them chucking the fake body into the back of the car and looking at the resultant blood spatter had no scientific merit whatsoever. Even them shooting the wood at the garage was embarrassing to watch as they had no idea where half the bullets went.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

24 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I also wish these types of documentary wouldn’t show the experiments some of these lawyers do. In the first episode, them chucking the fake body into the back of the car and looking at the resultant blood spatter had no scientific merit whatsoever.

Doesn't need to have scientific merit. Just needs to look good to a jury who are probably unfamiliar with detailed scientific hypotheses and testing.

45 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

If the actual content of series 2 had been put into 4 or 5 episodes (max) that could have been a really interesting update. Stringing it out to 10 episodes made it chore to watch.

Even 4 or 5 would've been too long.  A 2 part update special would've sufficed.  

Completely agree with S2 being shorter, there just wasn't enough there for 10 episodes, only so many times you can watch a long drawn out shot of a member of the Avery/Dassey family look upset before you start losing interest.

Zelnner is tv gold right enough,  got stuck into the 2 from the first series rightly.  Never really understood how those 2 ended up being seen as heroes with people clambering to see them tour etc...at the end of the day they lost  and as Zellner has pointed out with more attention to forensic experts and so on , it was a perfectly winnable case. 

I can't even remember what their defense was based upon?  Was it the 'no blood in the garage' theory?  Whatever it was, Zellner has blown them out of the water with her defense case.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I can't even remember what their defense was based upon?  Was it the 'no blood in the garage' theory?  Whatever it was, Zellner has blown them out of the water with her defense case.

Aye the blood alone completely blows it out of the water, also why would he go to all that trouble of cleaning the trailer of every single bit of blood, from stab wounds and a slit throat I may add, clean the garage of everything but then be so careless to 1. Leave blood in the car and 2. decide to hide the car under a couple of branches instead of crushing the car and disposing it, I mean is crushing cars not what he done on a weekly basis?

Also why did the car key only have his finger prints on it and why did it take them many visits to the trailer until they found it, it's not like they were searching a mansion.

The American justice system is incredible, the state know both of them will take them to the cleaners so just block every appeal, surely when the evidence is this strong something has to change.

Was an Alford Plea ever discussed or applied for any of them? If they want freedom so badly then maybe it's an option meaning they get out and the state won't be sued, everyone's a winner! Unless it is an option but Zellner thinks it's not needed?

Edited by M0rtonfc

9 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Aye the blood alone completely blows it out of the water, also why would he go to all that trouble of cleaning the trailer of every single bit of blood, from stab wounds and a slit throat I may add, clean the garage of everything but then be so careless to 1. Leave blood in the car and 2. decide to hide the car under a couple of branches instead of crushing the car and disposing it, I mean is crushing cars not what he done on a weekly basis?

Thats the bit that gets me 'Right Brendan lets industrial clean in here and the garage, fuck the Rav 4, just leave a bit of tree on it.'

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Thats the bit that gets me 'Right Brendan lets industrial clean in here and the garage, f**k the Rav 4, just leave a bit of tree on it.'

Doesn't make sense, yep lets just leave it on my property under a branch, no need to use that car crusher we have 2 mins away.

f**k sake!

59 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

I think the original 2 did say during the trial that it was hard to believe that 2 men of limited intelligence,could clean the trailer and garage to such an extent that a police forensics team couldn't find a single trace of DNA in it .