The joke thread: a thread for camaraderie and hilarity

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

No, I can play snooker. If there's a clever joke in here, for hilarity and camaraderie, I've missed it.

It wasn't a joke, it was true. I'm a shit snooker player and potting three balls in a row is a personal best for me. The fact that the middle one was the black did technically mean that I was on course for a 147, but the second black was beyond me. So yes, I had a break of 9. You may now point and laugh with derision.

34 minutes ago, GordonD said:

It wasn't a joke, it was true. I'm a shit snooker player and potting three balls in a row is a personal best for me. The fact that the middle one was the black did technically mean that I was on course for a 147, but the second black was beyond me. So yes, I had a break of 9. You may now point and laugh with derision.

Sorry to dispel the myth but it was actually the Brake Club POOL Competition you playing were in....

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Sorry to dispel the myth but it was actually the Brake Club POOL Competition you playing were in....

No, I was shit at pool as well but this was definitely a game of snooker. Trying to remember where it was - might have been the club at Jock's Lodge.

3 hours ago, Northboy said:

Technically you were on course for a 147 after potting the first red.

True, but when the black and the second red go in it starts to be a little more likely. In my case, from a billion to one down to about a million.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

No, I was shit at pool as well but this was definitely a game of snooker. Trying to remember where it was - might have been the club at Jock's Lodge.

True coincidental story - my highest ever break was in JP's at Jock's Lodge one night after training. 4 reds, each followed by a black. I was never on a 147, though.

I also had a brilliant free night there when my pal was given two extra tenners from the ATM outside before we went in. That was enough to pay for all our drinks and snooker all night long.

The only way to pull off a lockdown afternoon 'quickie' with their 8-year old son in the apartment was to send him out on the balcony with a Mars Bar and tell him to report on all the street activities.

He began his commentary as his parents put their plan into operation:

'There's a car being towed from the car park,' he shouted.

'An ambulance just drove by!'

'Looks like the Andersons have company,' he called out.

'Matt's out on his bike and his mum is telling him off'

'Looks as if the Sanders are going into full isolation!'

'Jason has had his skate board taken off him!'

After a few moments he announced, 'The Coopers are having sex!!'

Startled, his mum and dad shot up in bed!

Dad cautiously called out, 'How do you know they're having sex?'

'Jimmy Cooper is standing on his balcony with a Mars Bar.'

So........i've volunteered for the vaccine trials for Covid-19 here in Glasgow which apparently were made by a Russian Pharmaceutical company [emoji15].

I received my first shot and wanted to let everyone know that it’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

29 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

So........i've volunteered for the vaccine trials for Covid-19 here in Glasgow which apparently were made by a Russian Pharmaceutical company emoji15.png.

I received my first shot and wanted to let everyone know that it’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

Bet you feel a bit of an ass.