The joke thread: a thread for camaraderie and hilarity

10 hours ago, GordonD said:

(It's been a few weeks since this one was posted)

To the old guy in the mobility scooter who stole my camouflage jacket: you can hide but you can't run!

Milton Jones did a similar gag on radio:

A: Have you seen my high Viz jacket, I can't see it anywhere

Jones; I'd return it and get my money back if I were you

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Milton Jones did a similar gag on radio:

A: Have you seen my high Viz jacket, I can't see it anywhere

Jones; I'd return it and get my money back if I were you

Something similar. I’ve got eight camouflage jackets. No need for so many but every time I put the new one in the wardrobe I can never find the fucker again. 

A woman, cranky because her husband was late coming home again, decided to leave a note, saying, "I've had enough and have left you. Don't bother coming after me.”

Then she hid under the bed to see his reaction.

After a short while, the husband comes home and she could hear him in the kitchen before he comes into the bedroom.  She could see him walk towards the dresser and pick up the note.  After a few minutes, he wrote something on it before picking up the phone and calling someone.

"She's finally gone...yeah I know, about bloody time, I'm coming to see you, put on that sexy French nightie.  I love you...can't wait to see you...we'll do all the naughty things you like."

He hung up, grabbed his keys and left.

She heard the car drive off as she came out from under the bed.  Seething with rage and with tears in her eyes she grabbed the note to see what he wrote...

"I can see your feet.  We're outta bread: be back in five minutes."

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

True. That photo was clearly taken at an Edinburgh City game.

Must be against Clyde with their massive support :whistle

Social distancing isn't usually a problem at City games...

"Allegedly the German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They, it is alleged, not only expect one to know one’s gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and British Airways , call sign Speedbird 206.
Speedbird 206: “Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway.”
Ground: “Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven.” The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.
Ground: “Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?”
Speedbird 206: “Stand by, Ground, I’m looking up our gate location now.”
Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): “Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?”
Speedbird 206 (coolly): “Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark,… and I didn’t land.”

On 03/04/2020 at 04:17, alta-pete said:

Something similar. I’ve got eight camouflage jackets. No need for so many but every time I put the new one in the wardrobe I can never find the fucker again. 

On a similar vein courtesy of Jim Davidson - 

Sergeant Major - "I didn't see you at camouflage training this morning Private Smith".

Private Smith - "Thank You Sarge".