The joke thread: a thread for camaraderie and hilarity

Three guys sitting in a bar talking . There was a doctor , a lawyer and a biker .

After sipping his martini the doctor said , “ you know tomorrow’s my anniversary. I got my wife a diamond ring and a new Mercedes. I figure if she doesn’t like the ring at least she’ll like the Mercedes and she will know I love her .” 

After finishing  his scotch the lawyer replied “ well on my last anniversary, I got my wife a string of pearls and a trip to the Bahamas. I figured if she didn’t like the pearls she would like the trip and she would know that I love her “. 

‘The biker then took a swig of his beer and said “ yeh , I got my old lady a tee shirt and a vibrator . I figured if she didn’t like the tee shirt , she could go f*ck herself “ . 

An alien spaceship crash lands on earth, just outside Glasgow. The wee green man on board staggers out his stricken craft, into the nearest boozer. The whole place stops dead in its tracks. The wee alien limps up to the bar and says ‘a pint please, I really need one!’. The barman says ‘away ye go, we don’t serve wee green men wi’ five eyes in here, beat it’. The wee alien says ‘ for fcuk sake, if you knew what I’ve been through. Millions of fcuking miles, crashed out the sky, nearly shat myself so I did, look give me a pint, and I’ll buy the entire bar their drinks all night, what do you say?’ The barman looks at the packed bar, pound signs start flashing in his eyes. In a loud voice, he shouts out ‘haw! Everybody! The drinks are on the alien!’... fcuking place goes mental. At the end of the night, it’s just the barman and a pished alien left in the joint. The barman says to him ‘well, what a night that turned into... that’ll be two thousand, one hundred and five quid please!’ The alien says to the barman - ‘no problem, have you got change of a Zonk?’

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:05, hearthammer said:

🎵   All my love, All my kissin'

You don't know what you've been missin'

Oboe, when i'm with you, Oboe 🎵

All my life, I've been kissing

Your left tit 'cos your right ones missing

Oh boy!

British soldier in Belfast at the height of the Troubles. He sees a civilian walking down the road, gets his rifle and shoots the guy.

The sergeant comes running up. "What the hell are you doing, Private?"

"Breach of the Curfew, Sarge!" says the soldier.

"But the Curfew doesn't start for another ten minutes!" says the sergeant.

"I know, Sarge," says the soldier. "But I know where that guy lives, and he would never have been home in time!"

10 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Reminds me of another troubles era joke:

Knock knock
Who's there?
BANG BANG BANG it's the police

My dad's favourite was:

At closing time in Belfast pubs they don't ring a bell. The barman shouts, "Whose is that holdall in the corner?"

This guy's is in the butcher's shop buying a nice fillet steak for his dinner that night. He explains to the lady assistant he's treating himself as it's his birthday. "Oh, happy birthday", says the assistant, "is this a special birthday, maybe your 40th or thereabouts?"  Well, says the guy, you might not believe it, but I'm actually 59. "Well that's incredible", says the assistant - you hardly look a day over 40.  He explains he's always kept himself in good ship with jogging and regular visits to the gym, and maintaining a healthy diet. 10 minutes later, the guys at the bus stop when this lady joins the queue. They start chatting and the guy explains he's bought a steak to celebrate his birthday - he goes on, " I'll bet you'll never guess how old I am". Oh, says the lady, I think I could. If you would just let me put my hand inside your trousers, and have a feel around I'll tell you your age. The guy's a bit puzzled but lets the lady slip her hand in and grope around. She keeps this up for 5 minutes and eventually she says you're exactly 59 years old. The guy's amazed. "That's incredible" he says, "you've worked out my age just by having a feel?" "No", she says - "I was behind you in the queue at the butcher's shop"