First Footing in Fife- Dunfermline Athletic vs Cowdenbeath 2nd Jan

Bit awkward when it turns out that our stongest 11 without injuries has more home-grown players than Cowden :-/

Really ?

What would be your strongest 11 then.

I didn't include Dean Brett who is another youth product but didn't play sat. My point was Pars were playing many young players to their credit but not now.

Personally I don't think Johnston is a manager who develops youth.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really ?

I didn't include Dean Brett who is another youth product but didn't play sat. My point was Pars were playing many young players to their credit but not now.

You're right, I hope we sacrifice our 9 point gap at the top of the league and go back to playing inexperienced youngsters.

Really ?

Murdoch (HG)

Williamson (HG) - Fordyce - Martin (HG) - Talbot

Paton - Geggan - Falky - Cardle

Moffat - Fez (HG)

Subs

Hutton

Cheesy

BRE

Byrne (HG)

Hopkirk

Wallace

MAC

I'm sure a few would rate Cheesy or BRE ahead oof Martin, but from what i've seen Martin looks more composed than Big Ben and I think it's too early to say that Cheesy is better than him.

Regardless, as has already been said, we've been shown exactly what happens with a team full of youngters, while being good players they lack the experience and mentality to maintain a high level of performance.

Wasn't aware of Murdoch being home grown and I wouldn't count fez who was touted about by an agent. For me, home grown means thru the academy or a football apprenticeship.

Murdoch came through the academy.

We are the first and only club that he's ever played a game for, but there's no point in arguing over semantics. The point is that the majority of fans are happy with the chances we are giving to our young players and the overall scheme is clearly working to boot.

Wasn't aware of Murdoch being home grown and I wouldn't count fez who was touted about by an agent. For me, home grown means thru the academy or a football apprenticeship.

Not developing a player who had never played 11 a side football until we took him on when he was 19? Not saying he was home-grown in the traditional sense but I'd say he counts as a young player being given a chance.

Are Cowden still trying to point score? Chortle, precious wee lambs.

We've broken through the money laundering, drug dealing, granny shagging, diving, cheats and have reached the "you don't play enough academy players" shtick.

You joke but that's still a greater accomplishment than winning the Fife Cup.

I know. That was one of the many debates I was referring to. It does my nut. I don't follow my team because i hope it is bigger/smaller or less successful than any other club. Still, I suppose that wouldn't leave much to argue about then, so alphabet champions are we!

I know. That was one of the many debates I was referring to. It does my nut. I don't follow my team because i hope it is bigger/smaller or less successful than any other club. Still, I suppose that wouldn't leave much to argue about then, so alphabet champions are we!

I prefer the whole points total champions thing :P

It's good that there's no league games for a while - this thread can just run and run. I enjoy our lectures from the fans of the team that spunked all the good money they were raking in last year on Jimmy Nic and his gash signings, leaving them barely able to cobble a team together for the start of the season.

It's good that there's no league games for a while - this thread can just run and run. I enjoy our lectures from the fans of the team that spunked all the good money they were raking in last year on Jimmy Nic and his gash signings, leaving them barely able to cobble a team together for the start of the season.

True. Might be a lesson for the Pars there tho. Championship wages are ridiculous, particularly if there is a big team in the league.

And I wasn't referring to the Pars !

Archived