First Footing in Fife- Dunfermline Athletic vs Cowdenbeath 2nd Jan

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draw was the fair result but it wasnt to be.It was a soft penalty. Well played Cowden. Enjoyed the antics of the six fingered Pars mutants on the halfway line. Nice to see they had a good day out of the Ward 2. Bless em

Also it must be a kick in the teeth for cowdens reserve keeper, snedden whist seems a decent young keeper with his injury the defence are put under a lot of pressure in situations that shouldn't be any issue.

We don't have a reserve goalie. Keeper on bench is a trialist. Yes , that's the small time level you are up against. Well done.

Draw was the fair result but it wasnt to be.It was a soft penalty. Well played Cowden. Enjoyed the antics of the six fingered Pars mutants on the halfway line. Nice to see they had a good day out of the Ward 2. Bless em

Great seeeeethe there lad, keep it up

What rubbish - Dean wasn't dropped - if he and Murdoch who was injured had been available I doubt if the Pars would have won.

I like this game.

If Williamson and Fordyce had been available I doubt Cowdenbeath would have won, if McCausland hadn't went off we would have been more comfortable.

Injuries happen, we've been dealing with them all season.

We don't have a reserve goalie. Keeper on bench is a trialist. Yes , that's the small time level you are up against. Well done.

That's just incompetent squad building if I'm being honest. Seddon is a better keeper than the one you let go but don't expect sympathy because you've only got one keeper.

Can't believe nish dropped Brett. Very decent player.Cowden's legs went towards the end. I thought they looked dangerous on the break.

He wasn't dropped. Along with Murdoch, 2 of our best players and you were lucky they weren't playing.

Wasn't a soft pen, a stupid shove by the defender, not very subtle at all. Will be interesting to see the cowden pen claim from the first half again though, looked a stonewaller but I'm assuming Murdoch must've got a touch since it wasn't given and Spence didn't go mental (and Spence always goes mental!). Either way, it would never have been a red as it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity, moving away from goal with defenders back to cover.

The announcer at the end trying to get the crowd going by shouting out the Ayr result, dear oh dear. It would be an absolute joke if the pars don't run away with the title as they ought to have last season.

Anyway as mentioned, we did well today against a better side. Put Brett and Murdoch in the side and we have a composed midfield who can dig and pick a pass out. Instead we have a young guy who hasn't played in months due to injury and an absolute headless chicken in Chris Kane. No surprise to see the first pars goal come straight through the middle of the park with some neat play. I'm not accepting there isn't a player out there who offers more than Kane for the same money. Carthorse.

Could well have been a different story had Spence scored early in the 2nd half. Who knows. Expected nothing and got nothing but I'm proud of the effort we put in today.

I like this game.

If Williamson and Fordyce had been available I doubt Cowdenbeath would have won, if McCausland hadn't went off we would have been more comfortable.

Injuries happen, we've been dealing with them all season.

Yes you might have got a draw with all 3

The announcer at the end trying to get the crowd going by shouting out the Ayr result, dear oh dear. It would be an absolute joke if the pars don't run away with the title as they ought to have last season.

Anyway as mentioned, we did well today against a better side. Put Brett and Murdoch in the side and we have a composed midfield who can dig and pick a pass out. Instead we have a young guy who hasn't played in months due to injury and an absolute headless chicken in Chris Kane. No surprise to see the first pars goal come straight through the middle of the park with some neat play. I'm not accepting there isn't a player out there who offers more than Kane for the same money. Carthorse.

Could well have been a different story had Spence scored early in the 2nd half. Who knows. Expected nothing and got nothing but I'm proud of the effort we put in today.

Not a big Kane fan but he did ok today, particularly in the first half.

Not a big Kane fan but he did ok today, particularly in the first half.

I must have been watching a different game from you. He put us under so much pressure through poor touches, misplaced passes and no composure atall. He gives his all and tries like a yogi but he simply isn't anywhere near good enough. Limitations of a very low budget I guess.

Archived