A little help

DDcups

I have a car on finance that broke down after 2days, The company came and recovered the car and left me a courtesy car as it was under warranty, They now want £300 and me to return the other car as they say there is nothing wrong with it despite error messages coming up on the display and the thing not starting. I think they are trying to rip me off is there anyone I can go to for independent advice or does anyone know about this stuff?

I have a car on finance that broke down after 2days, The company came and recovered the car and left me a courtesy car as it was under warranty, They now want £300 and me to return the other car as they say there is nothing wrong with it despite error messages coming up on the display and the thing not starting. I think they are trying to rip me off is there anyone I can go to for independent advice or does anyone know about this stuff?

Firstly, you need to be clear about what kind of finance you're on. Rights can be slightly different depending on the type of finance, and will definitely be different if you weren't purchasing as a consumer. Look at the top of the credit or hire agreement to find out what type of agreement it is.

If you bought the car after October 1st, you can probably reject during the first 30 days since purchase. Your rights are set out in the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and during the 30 day period, it's up to the seller to show that the goods aren't faulty.

However, try to take full advice first. If you live in a council area where Trading Standards provide 1st stage consumer advice, try them first. Not many councils still do this though. If TS cant or won't help, try the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 04 05 06.

Citizens advice were a great help to me when i had an issue with a used car 2 months after buying it.

When bought you should expect to get reasonable use from it considering the price and condition of it when you bought it. If not, you've the option to reject the car having first given the seller the chance to remedy the fault or replace the car.

Archived