Bands You've Probably Not Heard Of.......But Should Be Listening T

BB_Bino

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite album is by a band called Cartel. I always expected them to get massive since they were about at the same time as fall out boy etc and play a similar (but much better) sound. They won the chance to star in an MTV reality TV show called band in a bubble where they made their second album in a bubble. Unfortunately it was pish and they were never heard of again. Anyway I would recommend their first album Chroma to anyone who likes pop-rock of the early 00s.

Seriously though, an Italian band called Shelly Johnson Broke My Heart (if you are into Ride style shoe gaze) or a Japanese band called Ogre You Asshole, who sound for all the world like Modest Mouse. I think they are both tremendous and have pretty big following in their home countries, but not here.

Seriously though, an Italian band called Shelly Johnson Broke My Heart (if you are into Ride style shoe gaze) or a Japanese band called Ogre You Asshole, who sound for all the world like Modest Mouse. I think they are both tremendous and have pretty big following in their home countries, but not here.

Think it might have been on this forum where I first heard about Shelly Johnson Broke My Heart a few years back. Agree, absolutely tremendous band.

Think it might have been on this forum where I first heard about Shelly Johnson Broke My Heart a few years back. Agree, absolutely tremendous band.

I actually got a credit on their debut LP for that post!

Excellent.

There's a band called Sound of Arrows who released an album called Voyage in 2011. Only just announced that they're doing a follow up. Others...

The Dears

Die Antwoord

FIDLAR

Ghostpoet

The Joy Formidable

Lonely the Brave

Los Campesinos!

Lykke Li

Metronomy

The Naked and Famous

Pvris

Shiny Toy Guns

Silversun Pickups

Spector

Tegan and Sara

Young Fathers

A few acts there sort of on the brink of hitting the mainstream at some point.

The Joy Formidable and Los Campesinos are playing FOCUS Wales in May. I'm looking forward to it, the tickets were £30 and there's loads of other bands playing over the three days.

Manchester Orchestra. I'm amazed they've still not got the recognition they deserve

Best rock band on the planet right now for me.

Probably manage to see them live about once a year whenever they come to Glasgow and they seem to get better and better every time.

Archived