Motherwell vs St Johnstone 30/12/15

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just the constant abuse of our players. 'f**k off back to Celtic,' every time DF touched the ball. Counter productive and was obviously denting his confidence as he ended up wanting to get rid of the ball as soon as he got it. Shouts at Scobbie who was playing (decently) out of position. Booing the players off at half time.

Just totally pointless, negative stuff that completely goes against the positive spirit of this team and the fans.

Magic

And your tannoy announcer is one of the most annoying c***s in football. He loves his own voice. The last 5 minutes of the match were spent running through every winning raffle ticket right down to the 5th place prize of £12.50 or something. It's really distracting

I should also post about the game itself, but for me this above is the most accurate point made.

Guy drives me fuckin mental.

We could be 2-1 up on Barcelona and our goal is under siege. " Kids vote for your man of the match on match attax" or something similar. I may be grumpy older man these days but there is a game of football in full flow and in the last crucial minutes.

I assume he is being told to do that. Gets my goat EVERY game.

"Welcome to the pitch St Johnstone and Moooooottttthhhhheeeeeerrweeeeeeellllllll!!!!!"

*silence*

:lol:

Wont be long until hes chanting the first names of goalscorers trying to get their surnames chanted by the crowd

Remember - we're talking about deepest Lanarkshire here - it was only a few years back that the sum total of the showbiz experience at Fir Park was, genuinely, a guy pulling raffle tickets from a carrier bag whilst over the tannoy, hoping "we beat the H-ns* next week".

*the nomadic group of people who are known to have lived in Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, and Central Asia between the 1st century AD and the 7th century.

Remember - we're talking about deepest Lanarkshire here - it was only a few years back that the sum total of the showbiz experience at Fir Park was, genuinely, a guy pulling raffle tickets from a carrier bag whilst over the tannoy, hoping "we beat the H-ns* next week".

*the nomadic group of people who are known to have lived in Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, and Central Asia between the 1st century AD and the 7th century.

God mind that, the boy need up getting the bullet for it too.

The previous main PA guy that did it for years was good enough on the tannoy, though I think he ended up getting jailed.*

*Apologies if I'm thinking of the wrong guy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34379025

re: Hall, it's probably worth mentioning the influence McManus seems to have had on his game in stepping up to the 1st team. I'd watched Hall for the u20s in their cup game vs Killie and though he'd looked decent enough I was quite surprised to see him get the nod for the 1st team however since he's been there he's genuinely not looked out of place.

Coincidentally, since he's had Hall playing alongside him McManus (occasional lapse aside) has been putting in noticeably better performances.

I always feel as if you can't really judge a young player until you actually give him 1st team games. Looking back you can plainly see its not always the stand out players at youth level that make the step up.

That's why we should be giving more chances to more young players. Youth football is a hell of a lot different from 1st team football, just playing in front of crowd lifts some players and breaks others and that's just one of many factors.

The main stand Tannoy is pretty audible (I moved there from the East Stand start of last season - The view is infinitely better - Think it is an age thing)

Some actual decent tuneage at the games now, not that most people will be able to hear it.

I always feel as if you can't really judge a young player until you actually give him 1st team games. Looking back you can plainly see its not always the stand out players at youth level that make the step up.

That's why we should be giving more chances to more young players. Youth football is a hell of a lot different from 1st team football, just playing in front of crowd lifts some players and breaks others and that's just one of many factors.

Very much agree with this. Point in question was Mark Reynolds.

Only given a chance due to injuries to Kinniburgh, Craigan, bloody Bobby Donnelly was even ahead of him. Was the 19's reserve left back or something. Got a shot in the first team and never left it. I really think Hall will be the same.

You don't give them a chance you don't know if they are ready or good enough.

Archived