Motherwell vs St Johnstone 30/12/15

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An excellent and hard fought three points against a good side. St.Johnstone can consider themselves unfortunate to not at least get on the scoresheet but a couple of cracking saves from Ripley earned the clean sheet.

On a side note I really wish our scoreboard operator would stop listing the opposition by their nicknames, ie. Saints, Dons, Killie etc. It should be their full name where possible, or even simply 'Opposition' not their fooking nickname!

I just wish they'd either fix it or retire the ancient relic like Kille have theirs.

On a side note I really wish our scoreboard operator would stop listing the opposition by their nicknames, ie. Saints, Dons, Killie etc. It should be their full name where possible, or even simply 'Opposition' not their fooking nickname!

Agreed, as it comes across as being disrespectful and overly familiar. We should show them more courtesy and I'd go as far as to ban shortened terms such "Hearts" and revert to "Heart of Midlothian".

All joking aside, it is too informal and looks ridiculous when they don't even shorten our use our own nickname above it. It's a fairly recent thing I've noticed as for as long as that scoreboard was up, all away sides were listed bŷ their full name where space permitted it. Indeed it was only ever Hearts, shortened from Heart of Midlothian and Dundee Utd, with 'United' shortened that were the exception to that. There were none of your 'Killies, Dons, Gers(!) back in those days.

Motherwell have bigger issues to address than the scoreboard!

A couple of points that would improve the 'spectator experience' from an away support point of view: turn the fucking music down inside the stand.. It actually had you believing you were in some dodgy 60's sci-fi movie... It was painful! As soon as I went thru the turnstile I looked at the steward with a WTF is going on expression; he nodded knowingly. He looked like a broken man, I don't know how he can suffer that every week.

And your tannoy announcer is one of the most annoying c***s in football. He loves his own voice. The last 5 minutes of the match were spent running through every winning raffle ticket right down to the 5th place prize of £12.50 or something. It's really distracting.

Otherwise, well done on the pitch, puts our own turnip field to shame. And good 3 points for you lads, looks like things are on the up under McGhee.

The tannoy at Fir Park has been horrendous for years now and yes, the PA guy is awful. He is a fairly recent addition to the match day 'experience' at Fir Park, he's only been in place since the start of the 13/14 season I think and his attempts to 'gee' up the crowd are cringeworthy. Come to think of it, the scoreboard issues which I raised started around about the same time as this guy came on the scene, so chances are that's down to him too.

The tannoy at Fir Park has been horrendous for years now and yes, the PA guy is awful. He is a fairly recent addition to the match day 'experience' at Fir Park, he's only been in place since the start of the 13/14 season I think and his attempts to 'gee' up the crowd are cringeworthy.

"Welcome to the pitch St Johnstone and Moooooottttthhhhheeeeeerrweeeeeeellllllll!!!!!"

*silence*

:lol:

Wont be long until hes chanting the first names of goalscorers trying to get their surnames chanted by the crowd

Just on the scoreboard point. On the bottom row only the first 6 letters are working then there's a large blackspot so abbreviations are the only way forward until the bulbs are fixed otherwise it would be the full name with half the letters missing.

Just on the scoreboard point. On the bottom row only the first 6 letters are working then there's a large blackspot so abbreviations are the only way forward until the bulbs are fixed otherwise it would be the full name with half the letters missing.

We've been in need of a new scoreboard for about 10 years now so doesn't shock me :lol:

They'd be as well just removing or at least retiring the scoreboard if they aren't able/prepared to fix or replace it. It is 20 years old now so perhaps it's time to put it out to pasture.

Archived