Brechin v Forfar 2/1/16

Very good.

Pitch is fine. A few light showers due later today , tomorrow is meant to be rain free but Saturday is supposed to be monsoon time again.

Should be ok though , if our game at Ayr is anything to go by.

Southesk burst its banks ! Caravan site under 2 ft o water ! River st houses flooded , Hurricane Frank wreck s half o Scotland but it was sunny in Farfar

But you said in the Micheal Fish way of a certain Hurricane that it was all going to be ok.

Unfortunately it wasnae in both cases.

The word " should " kind of saves the bacon here. In fact I was actually referring to the Ayr game as an example. ;)

As for the second quote, I should have known with all the problems over new year that it wouldn't have taken much to put the game off . But I am that glass half full sort of guy ........Always positive. :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really don't get it do you ?

Why don't you go along to the AGM at the end of the season and address your issues there. I will organise the first aid team after your chat with Darren .

[/quo

If Dods and Brechin can't take critisim then they shouldn't be doing the job and violence doesn't solve anything.Instead of spending money on new drainage should have gotten astro turf and all the income that comes with it.

Are you on something ? New drainage ......£100k max Artificial pitch at least £ 400k plus extra expense of widening pitch and replacement surface every 8-10 years.

Fucking no brainer.

As for the criticism , the "violence" (as you put it) quote was tongue in cheek but in a way not ! As I realise that you wouldn't have the guts to talk to the guy man to man to discuss things. properly. The chairman also told us that his door is open before games for anyone to discuss any problems instead of causing problems on P&B . I suggest you take him up on this

Are you on something ? New drainage ......£100k max Artificial pitch at least £ 400k plus extra expense of widening pitch and replacement surface every 8-10 years.

Fucking no brainer.

As for the criticism , the "violence" (as you put it) quote was tongue in cheek but in a way not ! As I realise that you wouldn't have the guts to talk to the guy man to man to discuss things. properly. The chairman also told us that his door is open before games for anyone to discuss any problems instead of causing problems on P&B . I suggest you take him up on this

Oh no ye canny be causing problems on p and b ????

Berwick game off too . Kick both Berwick and Brechin out of the leagues and any other team that cant get a game on . That'll thin the numbers down a bit. That'll keep the Farfar lads happy. Job done.

One could argue that Berwick's ground is over the border so, technically our game was the only game off in Scotland......

I wouldn't be happy to see Brechin chucked out (not that it would happen) just as I was happy/relieved that Montrose didn't fall off the cliff last season. East Stirling are who I'd like to see go, every other wee club manages to have a ground and pitch of their own (even if Brechin's pitch is dubious and Albion Rovers entire facilities are woeful)

Cowdenbeath and Airdrie I would question ....................and what kind of deal did Farfar wangle to get their hockey pitch installed ?

OK, fair comment about Cowdungbeath and Airdreech.

As for the hockey pitch comment, I've changed my mind I hope your boggy pitch, your hedge and your Subuteo main stand sink into the mud bath that is the Glebe, to clarify, sink without trace.

OK, fair comment about Cowdungbeath and Airdreech.

As for the hockey pitch comment, I've changed my mind I hope your boggy pitch, your hedge and your Subuteo main stand sink into the mud bath that is the Glebe, to clarify, sink without trace.

Haha. A nerve has been touched methinks. :thumsup2

Cowdenbeath and Airdrie I would question ....................and what kind of deal did Farfar wangle to get their hockey pitch installed ?

I think that sportscotland were looking for a well run club to award the pitch to. seemingly it was all done alphabetically, Arbroath??? nah. Brechin ???? you must be joking. Forfar???? go no further, obvious from the start.

Fucking no brainer.

Been to these before and they are a waste of time.The chairman and manager do what they want not the fans.

Haha. A nerve has been touched methinks. :thumsup2

No, I was showing support/concern for my Angus neighbours and your comment, as a diehard hedge dweller, showed that you're undeserving of sympathy.

For the record, I was totally opposed to the plastic pitch but given the vast amount of games we had postponed due to frost (the sun shines on the righteous) meant I was converted to the plastic after one season. Also note that very, very few games were postponed on our old pitch due to water-logging as we had superior drainage.

Nothing wrong with the ladies sharing the pitch, we're rather proud of the Farmington. Forfar Athletic have linked up with them and the two boys clubs in town to everyone's benefit. Forward thinking, a concept that is yet to reach your village with a cathedral.....

I think that sportscotland were looking for a well run club to award the pitch to. seemingly it was all done alphabetically, Arbroath??? nah. Brechin ???? you must be joking. Forfar???? go no further, obvious from the start.

Arbroath .....nae wuman's tean. Brechin.....nae wuman's team . Farfar Farmington ......Perfect. Now find a location...........What's behind that wall at the other side of Farmington's pitch ? Floodlights and everything . ...........Forfar Athletic you say ? That is even better , they can help subsidise it ............Nah , Dick has spunked all the money on players................There's still a way though. Get the council involved ...........and so it develops !

All tongue in cheek of course !!!! :rolleyes:

St Johnstone now off that ll be them banished and up before the authorities who run Scottish football namely ( Farfar fans) how dare it rain in Tayside ! Still sunny in Farfar tho ! Although my brother in law made a strange comment he lives in Farfar and he said "No wonder games off with the amount of rain there's been "

No, I was showing support/concern for my Angus neighbours and your comment, as a diehard hedge dweller, showed that you're undeserving of sympathy.

For the record, I was totally opposed to the plastic pitch but given the vast amount of games we had postponed due to frost (the sun shines on the righteous) meant I was converted to the plastic after one season. Also note that very, very few games were postponed on our old pitch due to water-logging as we had superior drainage.

Nothing wrong with the ladies sharing the pitch, we're rather proud of the Farmington. Forfar Athletic have linked up with them and the two boys clubs in town to everyone's benefit. Forward thinking, a concept that is yet to reach your village with a cathedral.....

Toys oot the pram now !! :lol:

Arbroath .....nae wuman's tean. Brechin.....nae wuman's team . Farfar Farmington ......Perfect. Now find a location...........What's behind that wall at the other side of Farmington's pitch ? Floodlights and everything . ...........Forfar Athletic you say ? That is even better , they can help subsidise it ............Nah , Dick has spunked all the money on players................There's still a way though. Get the council involved ...........and so it develops !

All tongue in cheek of course !!!! :rolleyes:

Cooncil meeting.....Farfar want some dosh for a plastic pitch where can we find £50000? I know some cooncilor fae Farfar says" Lets take it from the Brechin Shitty Hall improvement fund"

True story!!! :lol:

Archived