Morton v St Mirren Championship 2/1/16

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm currently carrying out my uni dissertation on the Scottish match day experience & how fans feel it can be improved. I've designed a survey to get some fan opinions on this matter - it will only take a minute or two to fill in & all responses will be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3wuSnkur7JUQZZH

Is this specific to our match day experience at Cappielow?

Morton has never had the opportunity to fulfil it's potential thanks to gross mismanagement at all levels for nigh on the past 3 decades. I'd like to see what our standing was in the Scottish game were we run in a professional and efficient manner. Dare I say had we a Stewart Gilmour running us then maybe we wouldn't be playing at a crumbling wreck of a stadium and be yo-yoing between the championship and seaside leagues.

Hugh Scott put us back decades. Rae had a chance to catch up somewhat but squandered all the goodwill and momentum. Will be a long hard struggle to emulate the likes of Killie, Motherwell, Inverness, St Johnstone etc who are just miles ahead in every respect.

We were hardly a progressive, visionary of the game club before Scott arrived*. It obviously didn't help but we're back in the same league position as we were then, with precious few new ideas to show for it.

* Excepting the Lindberg and Rajamaki signings, but even then it seems clear that they were signed more on a whim and tip-off, as opposed to reprsenting a more clued-up approach to the transfer market. And for whatever reason, we never got the sign-on value that their talent merited, and similar clubs received at the time anyway.

Archived