Morton v St Mirren Championship 2/1/16

Did Gow play for Stenny?

I recall someone called Gow getting dogs abuse in a League Cup tie and turning round to do a GIRFUY to the Cowshed when Stenny made it 3-3 in the 91st minute. Unfortunately he was too busy doing this that he forgot to do any marking at the restart and we broke up his wing to go 4-3 up, prompting a number of the home support to run to the front and GIRFUY back at him.

Thank you for reminding me of that game as it's cheered me up, but it was in fact not someone called Gow and not Stenny. It was Arbroath in 2003, we were 3-0 up at half-time and McCormack decided the game was won so made a few changes and decided to piss about all second half. It was none other than former St. Mirren player Andy Dow who was celebrating wildly when they equalised, only for us to score within 10 seconds of kicking off.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for reminding me of that game as it's cheered me up, but it was in fact not someone called Gow and not Stenny. It was Arbroath in 2003, we were 3-0 up at half-time and McCormack decided the game was won so made a few changes and decided to piss about all second half. It was none other than former St. Mirren player Andy Dow who was celebrating wildly when they equalised, only for us to score within 10 seconds of kicking off.

Wrong Paisley b'st'rd, wrong team. Otherwise fine? :)

No doubt Bahoken was shite. Was he not also dodging some taxi driver from Bolton? Complicated man. Camara on the other hand looked like he had the limbs of 4 different people. f**k knows how he could run across the pitch to get to the left back position, nevermind get a professional contract.

Or end up as a starting left back for Celtic, that was truly astonishing.

Wrong Paisley b'st'rd, wrong team. Otherwise fine? :)

Don't ever call Andy Dow a Paisley b*****d, or indeed associate him with Paisley.

This guy easily makes my most hated St.Mirren XI. A complete non entity of a player who rolled up with a full bag of King Edwards on his shoulder over Motherwells non payment of wages due to administration, which is a fair gripe but not when it's literally the only thing you're interested in rather than knuckling down and performing for your new side.

Ironically, whilst moaning about wages owed, he was stealing a living from us. Utter cretin. That Chelsea paid £250,000 for him and kept him in their squad for 3 years still baffles me.

Lot of shite. I knew we'd concede after the offside goal. After that just no ideas in midfield. Useless. Hasten back Tidser.

McManus was actually good but didn't get any clear chances at goal.

The last meeting is the 3rd last fixture of the season. It would be great if it wasn't meaningless for both teams, although I'd rather it meant Saints weren't involved in a relegation battle. Would be nice if it was a battle to get into the play off spot with a 3pm on a Saturday, but thats just fantasy talk just now.

1400 away fans is really impressive considering the amount of apathy going into the game.

The last meeting is the 3rd last fixture of the season. It would be great if it wasn't meaningless for both teams, although I'd rather it meant Saints weren't involved in a relegation battle. Would be nice if it was a battle to get into the play off spot with a 3pm on a Saturday, but thats just fantasy talk just now.

1400 away fans is really impressive considering the amount of apathy going into the game.

I was quite disappointed with the number to be honest, considering we finally had a derby on a Saturday at 3 o'clock for a change. But as you say, the fans are on a massive downer so it perhaps isn't all bad.

Don't ever call Andy Dow a Paisley b*****d, or indeed associate him with Paisley.

This guy easily makes my most hated St.Mirren XI. A complete non entity of a player who rolled up with a full bag of King Edwards on his shoulder over Motherwells non payment of wages due to administration, which is a fair gripe but not when it's literally the only thing you're interested in rather than knuckling down and performing for your new side.

Ironically, whilst moaning about wages owed, he was stealing a living from us. Utter cretin. That Chelsea paid £250,000 for him and kept him in their squad for 3 years still baffles me.

Andy Dow was so bad he got mentioned in one of Chris Brookmyre's books. The only constructive thing he did at Love Street was miss a last minute penalty in Ludo's final game.

There was 950 sold before the game, and there was a hell of a lot more than 50 folk paying at the gate

Then clearly your "950 sold" figure was bullshit, or many of them didn't bother going on the day. There was nowhere near 1400 in the away section (though the total attendance was understated IMO).

Then clearly your "950 sold" figure was bullshit, or many of them didn't bother going on the day. There was nowhere near 1400 in the away section (though the total attendance was understated IMO).

So less Saints fans than reported but even more Morton fans :D!

I didn't go, but didn't buy a ticket.

Even although it looked like it was going to stay dry, the apathy got me.

I've gone to plenty of Saints games where I've thought we'd no chance of winning (most of them have been like that to be honest) but this season is the first time in years where I've decided I couldn't be bothered going to such a game.

How many did Morton win by anyway?

So less Saints fans than reported but even more Morton fans :D!

The club made an arse of providing an accurate figure for the crowd, and Div made an arse of claiming that there 1400 away fans in that ground. It hardly matters at all anyway.

Archived