Midnight mass this evening

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So your grandparents got comfort or enjoyment from it? And they tried (even in maybe a misguided way) to pass that on to the weans.

I don't blame you for hating it as a kid - but your post was overly dismissive of the whole thing.

Aye but my grandparents are just arseholes when it comes to religion, wouldn't come to my mums wedding unless it was in a Catholic Church etc. They're lovely people but when it comes to religion they're absolute weirdos.

Poor thing for them to do to their grandchildren IMO and I think other parents taking their kids are doing the same, forcing them into something they aren't mature enough to believe in or understand because it's their own personal views and beliefs.

Aye but my grandparents are just arseholes when it comes to religion, wouldn't come to my mums wedding unless it was in a Catholic Church etc. They're lovely people but when it comes to religion they're absolute weirdos.

Poor thing for them to do to their grandchildren IMO and I think other parents taking their kids are doing the same, forcing them into something they aren't mature enough to believe in or understand because it's their own personal views and beliefs.

^^^ sellick fans

Another shocking revelation from Lichtie that his entire family is Catholic.

Half. My Mums side of the family are all weegie b*****ds, most of them still down there. I've said this on here before, it's partly the reason I get the Celtic shite...

My mum has nothing to do with it though, gran has scunnered her out of it thankfully.

"Pope Francis has warned the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics not to be "intoxicated" by possessions in his annual Christmas homily.

He called for more sobriety in a world obsessed by "consumerism and hedonism, wealth and extravagance".

Sure thing Frankie boy. As soon as you move out of the Vatican into a wee semi we'll maybe take you seriously.

In other news ISIS is to hold a conference on "Multi faith in a modern world" and the Wee Frees are going to release a Christmas single next year.

"Pope Francis has warned the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics not to be "intoxicated" by possessions in his annual Christmas homily.

He called for more sobriety in a world obsessed by "consumerism and hedonism, wealth and extravagance".

Sure thing Frankie boy. As soon as you move out of the Vatican into a wee semi we'll maybe take you seriously.

Interesting that good old fashioned materialism is getting a bashing.

Back to basics.

In other news ISIS is to hold a conference on "Multi faith in a modern world" and the Wee Frees are going to release a Christmas single next year.

Apparently, if you are a certain age, you can find more than your fair share of those in the Vatican...

occasionally I would drag my heathen/Presbyterian* carcass along to the Kirk for the midnight service. I always liked it when they dimmed all the lights near midnight and everyone would hold lighted candles and sing "Silent Night" without accompaniment - quite simple but effective.

You also get some folk turning up half jaiked to the Midnight Service too- perhaps its something to do when the pubs have emptied..

(*apparently they're both the same to some followers of a certain Church.. but that would be an ecumenical matter :lol: )

occasionally I would drag my heathen/Presbyterian* carcass along to the Kirk for the midnight service. I always liked it when they dimmed all the lights near midnight and everyone would hold lighted candles and sing "Silent Night" without accompaniment - quite simple but effective.

You also get some folk turning up half jaiked to the Midnight Service too- perhaps its something to do when the pubs have emptied..

(*apparently they're both the same to some followers of a certain Church.. but that would be an ecumenical matter :lol: )

Midnight what? candles, singing!!!

What would John Knox say.

Went to Church this morning, numbers get smaller every year, especially the younger audience! Nice service, it always is.

Does the message play a daily part in our lives!? Maybe not so much these days. Our parents are probably the last generation that it really meant something to.

Archived