STEVO v Brechin

I spoke on Alloa thread about him with several Alloa fans and they seem to think he's not ready for them as there's a massive gulf in leagues seemingly !!! I think if he d full time training he d suit a Falkirk,Dunfermline sized team .But hie s Defo gave us a boost last few months

I think issac was put out on loan to try and score a few goals and get his his confidence up. TBF to the lad he was only getting ten minutes here and there to try and make some sort of impact and with how bad we were playing it was always going to be hard going. He trains full time with Chopra and the young apprentice lads, I would expect him to be back with us when his loan deal is up as we are absolutely woeful at the moment.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think issac was put out on loan to try and score a few goals and get his his confidence up. TBF to the lad he was only getting ten minutes here and there to try and make some sort of impact and with how bad we were playing it was always going to be hard going. He trains full time with Chopra and the young apprentice lads, I would expect him to be back with us when his loan deal is up as we are absolutely woeful at the moment.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on if he goes back on January and gets a game!

It will be interesting to see how he gets on if he goes back on January and gets a game!

I don't know know what the training situation with Brechin is but i don't know if the new gaffer will have seen much of issac in action? I reckon once he scored his first goal for us that would be him off and running.

Unless we have a few players lined up for January i would like to think issac will get his chance.

Would it not have been better playing this game on one of the international weekends to give both sets of players a decent Christmas break.? Also better for the fans . Ridiculous scheduling from the SPFL expecting away fans to travel half the length of the country on Boxing Day . Fair play to the 15 or so hardy souls who made the journey .

Fair play to City though for making a game of it (going by the highlights). A few chances at crucial times by the looks of things. When we were 2 down early on I think we all feared the worst.

I take it Dale was injured as he didn't even make the bench? A shame as he played well the last couple of weeks.

Pretty weird criticism given basically every club in the country has fixtures scheduled for Boxing Day - except the one or two live TV games like Hearts v Celtic today - and has done so since time began.

I thought Ayr's 2nd goal looked offside there, although not one that would be obvious on first viewing due to the weird nature of the goal. Conditions looked horrendous.

Doesn't go to games, criticises the team. Can't wait for the season to end! :rolleyes:

Theoriginalhedge summed you up perfectly 'Tedious b*****d'

Oh but I do go to games,I pay my money so I can critise all I like.I have thought about not going anymore because the football is shite but you would like that.

Pretty weird criticism given basically every club in the country has fixtures scheduled for Boxing Day - except the one or two live TV games like Hearts v Celtic today - and has done so since time began.

I thought Ayr's 2nd goal looked offside there, although not one that would be obvious on first viewing due to the weird nature of the goal. Conditions looked horrendous.

It's something I said at the time of the last international "weekend" when Scotland weren't even playing till the Monday. Seemed logical at the time , but when is logic ever used in Scottish football ?

Must be Adams or Boyle.....

Believe it is someone who has not been a regular starter for a while. It's really none of our business and will have little impact on our first or second choice picks so best leave it alone lads.

Meanwhile re Issacs, he's a strong lad for his age, puts himself about well and gets into good areas, but he lacks real pace and didn't seem to be up to much in the air. Would be surprised if he's destined for a career above the First Division to be honest so good on Alloa on sending him out on loan.

Would it not have been better playing this game on one of the international weekends to give both sets of players a decent Christmas break.? Also better for the fans . Ridiculous scheduling from the SPFL expecting away fans to travel half the length of the country on Boxing Day . Fair play to the 15 or so hardy souls who made the journey .

Fair play to City though for making a game of it (going by the highlights). A few chances at crucial times by the looks of things. When we were 2 down early on I think we all feared the worst.

I take it Dale was injured as he didn't even make the bench? A shame as he played well the last couple of weeks.

Dale was on holiday so folk were saying yesterday.

Anyone know what the attendance was? Good to see the Somerset Road very busy, obviously the North Terrace was empty due to the weather.

Was good getting into the hospitality suite at half time for a quick beer...

Not a great match, but I thought we played well with the ball on the ground. Gilly played Dochertys role well. Thought Stevenson was ok, few good passes, few not so. Will be good to see him at full potential, still strolled the game. Moore is so important to us, we really need to keep him. Him and Layne are very similar players.

Also thought Donald had a good game at left back. Roll on Tuesday.

1,485 apparently

Believe it is someone who has not been a regular starter for a while. It's really none of our business and will have little impact on our first or second choice picks so best leave it alone lads.

Meanwhile re Issacs, he's a strong lad for his age, puts himself about well and gets into good areas, but he lacks real pace and didn't seem to be up to much in the air. Would be surprised if he's destined for a career above the First Division to be honest so good on Alloa on sending him out on loan.

None of us would be any the wiser if McCall hadn't brought it up in the post match interview as an issue he has faced in team selection

Sex pest should have been sent off, terrible tackle.

Maybe people who were at the game can clear something up for me ... as I haven't seen the challenge yet

Said on BBC website that Montgomery was booked in 86 for a bad foul and this is confirmed on SPFL site.

Yet people on this site and some others point the finger towards Tiff ...... who was it ?

Maybe people who were at the game can clear something up for me ... as I haven't seen the challenge yet

Said on BBC website that Montgomery was booked in 86 for a bad foul and this is confirmed on SPFL site.

Yet people on this site and some others point the finger towards Tiff ...... who was it ?

It was 100% the sex offender.

Archived