STEVO v Brechin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looked a familiar tale from the highlights - nae luck in front of the goal and nae luck in defending our own.

How the game saw 90min I have no idea, the ball was being held up on numerous occasions.

what is the story with Layne? I think he is back to Alloa in January - him and Thomson up top might be a good shout.

Anyone any idea about the serious illness/player McCall mentions in the after match interview? I think Forest had something a few weeks ago but it would be strange if he brought it up now

Where did you see McCalls after match interview? Checked on AU media and can't see anything.

looked a familiar tale from the highlights - nae luck in front of the goal and nae luck in defending our own.

How the game saw 90min I have no idea, the ball was being held up on numerous occasions.

what is the story with Layne? I think he is back to Alloa in January - him and Thomson up top might be a good shout.

Considering the downpour the pitch held up well. At no point was it seriously in doubt.

Brechin had their chances and goals obviously change games but you didn't lose yesterday due to bad luck. Ayr came out the traps and got control of the game - with two quick goals thrown in for good measure.

Although you had really good chances you never had sustained pressure and ayr always controlled possession. I'm worried about our lack of ability to kill off opponents. We had plenty of half decent chances and at least one sitter.

Brechin were dangerous at times but a draw would've been robbery.

Anyone know what the attendance was? Good to see the Somerset Road very busy, obviously the North Terrace was empty due to the weather.

Was good getting into the hospitality suite at half time for a quick beer...

Not a great match, but I thought we played well with the ball on the ground. Gilly played Dochertys role well. Thought Stevenson was ok, few good passes, few not so. Will be good to see him at full potential, still strolled the game. Moore is so important to us, we really need to keep him. Him and Layne are very similar players.

Also thought Donald had a good game at left back. Roll on Tuesday.

Stevo had a bit of yaya about him yesterday (although I think match fitness rather than arrogant laziness was the issue). Great to see him back.

I didn't hear a motm announced but it was obviously gilly. He was outstanding.

That was the first I've seen of Moore yesterday and yeah he definitely makes us more dangerous. I thought forrest faded quite badly after being vg in the first 20 mins. The more I see of him, the less impressed I am (but his finish was excellent).

Would it not have been better playing this game on one of the international weekends to give both sets of players a decent Christmas break.? Also better for the fans . Ridiculous scheduling from the SPFL expecting away fans to travel half the length of the country on Boxing Day . Fair play to the 15 or so hardy souls who made the journey .

Fair play to City though for making a game of it (going by the highlights). A few chances at crucial times by the looks of things. When we were 2 down early on I think we all feared the worst.

I take it Dale was injured as he didn't even make the bench? A shame as he played well the last couple of weeks.

Pretty bad state of affairs if we can't get a full set of subs and not for the first time this season.As for playing on Boxing Day I don't see anything wrong with that as every team has to do it.I think the international break should be for full time teams only.The SPFL could have given us game nearer to home.

What's the deal with Layne? Did I read that he's on loan from Alloa? Surely too good to be not good enough for them?

I spoke on Alloa thread about him with several Alloa fans and they seem to think he's not ready for them as there's a massive gulf in leagues seemingly !!! I think if he d full time training he d suit a Falkirk,Dunfermline sized team .But hie s Defo gave us a boost last few months

I spoke on Alloa thread about him with several Alloa fans and they seem to think he's not ready for them as there's a massive gulf in leagues seemingly !!! I think if he d full time training he d suit a Falkirk,Dunfermline sized team .But hie s Defo gave us a boost last few months

He'll be ready for them next season then!

Archived