STEVO v Brechin

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

along with most of the team

Canna comment as I was na there today , but Thommo deserves a start I d say he s done ok coming off bench lately ! I d let Euan Smith , Tiffs , Montgomery (who's obviously nvr gonna get a chance ) and Johnson go ! Jury out on Weatherson ! I think we let better squad players go at endo season likes o a Ferguson , Cameron , Steve Jackson ,

Decent first half, Ayr score 2 early goals, have the bulk of possession and manage to play a lot of good football, Brechin had 3-4 great chances and on another day might have made more of a game of it.

When the ref came out at half time to kick a ball about I feared the worst because I thought we could have scored a few more in the second half, but by the end I wish he had, the second half was dreadful because of the water on the pitch.

The team played well today, Preston wasn't great again but did ok, Fleming was shaky but I was too far away to see if he was at fault for the Brechin goal. Stevenson did well considering he hasn't played for a while.

Stevenson had a good first half but you could see he was tiring when he got took off. A good display from Ayr considering we had no Boyle, Adams, Mcglauchlin or Docherty starting. Gilmour got took off with a nasty injury so we finished the game with 10 men.

Gilmour really has been a revelation this season. Hope the injury isn't too bad - I really feared his leg was broken when he went down. Also thought Forrest had some great moments as well. Moore up front makes a huge difference to us - bit of physicality and decent hold up play.

I enjoyed that. Both teams made a real effort to play on the deck. Naturally this played into our hands.

I think a yellow was fair for Gilmour's injury as the pitch was the real cause of harm there.

Brechin's goal was pretty funny from where I was standing, hopefully looks the same in the highlights.

Gilly had a great game but that wee beast should have been red carded for that. Stevo looked good in the first half but didn't look the fittest. Given the horrendous conditions we played quite well I thought but couldn't convert our chances bar the two early goals. Forrest and Donald stood out as well. All in all good three points against a team that looked a lot better than the last time we played them but maybe that's because the conditions didn't suit our style. Praying big Jamie is back for Tuesday night, could have done with him today.

Archived