Multiple Sclerosis Charity fundraiser

paul-r-cfc

Hey guys/girls,

Not certain if I'm ok to post this here so feel free to move it/ take it down if I'm out of order.

In September, I am taking part in a charity trek of the Mont Blanc region of the Alps for the MS trust. It's a charity that's close to my heart as the condition has seriously affected both sides of my family - my dad and his sister (who died from it) and my mother's sister so we can appreciate the good work the charity does.

My fundraising has been a bit slow as this is a very busy year for me with uni, work and family commitments etc. I understand it's an expensive time of year but if anyone on here was able to donate even a tiny bit of money then it would be very gratefully received.

Once my dissertation is in, I want to really take both the fundraising and my training up a notch so would like to have built up a good figure by that time.

The link for my page and for the MS Trust website is below. Rest assured, the money is going to a very good cause.

Thanks very much in advance and Merry Christmas / Happy New Year when it comes!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/paulregan93

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/

Did Kilimanjaro in the Summer for a Cancer charity and it was brilliant. Fundraising is hard, asking people for money at collections etc is pretty awkward but it'll be worth it!

Yeah I really dislike asking for money, even if it is a charity thing. Not easy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Have made it to over a grand (1065) and need to get to 1440 before June 22nd. Pretty confident I'll get there. Not done much prep but hoping to maybe do the west Highland way in the summer.

Also planning a football match to raise a bit more money. Tenner a head to play and I should be able to use my team's 3G Park for nothing/little.

Anyone ever organised something like that before?

Have made it to over a grand (1065) and need to get to 1440 before June 22nd. Pretty confident I'll get there. Not done much prep but hoping to maybe do the west Highland way in the summer.

Also planning a football match to raise a bit more money. Tenner a head to play and I should be able to use my team's 3G Park for nothing/little.

Anyone ever organised something like that before?

Speak to Grimbo.  I believe that he (knows someone that) knows how to raise money. ;)

• 1 month later...

Had my football game at the weekend and make £205. Should have been 250 but a few friends of friends didn't pay and not easy to chase them up.

On £1330 now with a week to get another 110. Will probably cover most of that myself then try and kick on with getting sponsors again over the summer.

The link is in my bio for anyone else who fancies helping out ;)

Right ya miserable fucks, this boy is about to put his hands in his own pockets to the tune of a hundred quid, let's get the finger out here lads! Support a good cause for the price of a packet of fags and get the boy over the line.

Right ya miserable fucks, this boy is about to put his hands in his own pockets to the tune of a hundred quid, let's get the finger out here lads! Support a good cause for the price of a packet of fags and get the boy over the line.

Cheers sir  

Thanks to whoever the anonymous P&B donor was also

• 1 month later...

Got just over a month until the trek now - still just short of £400 quid off my target so gotta get back to fiundraising now I'm back from holiday.  Any help again appreciated ;)

Not had time to do a proper preparation (i.e. West Highland Way or equivalent), so gonna be absolutely going for it this month to get myself as fit as I can be.  Gym, running, few hill walks round about the central belt etc.

Just got my flight details from London and booked my flights down there today.  All getting very real now!  Looking forward to it

Appreciate the donations guys. It's on both sides of our family. My dad's sister died from the primary progressive 'strain' which is the worst and most debilitating. She went downhill very quickly about 20 years ago until it killed her.

My mum's sister also has it but at the opposite end of the scale.

My dad is in the middle but again has went downhill very quickly last few years

Archived