Saturday's encounter between St Mirren & Livingston

Ah the old 'Sportscene' accentuated it.

It's a move on from your the system is against us you used to squeal weekly.

Not Sportscene, P&B.

I've honestly never seen it mentioned anywhere other than here.

And I go to lots of away games, watch plenty of EPL footie, and see pretty much the same behaviour from all sets of fans to the same stimuli.

To suggest Saints, in the whole world of football, are somehow different is a tad paranoid :-)!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were a few on here at the start of the season taking the (promotion) play-offs for granted and even one or two talking about "doing a Hearts" with the youngsters who floundered in the Premier League suddenly finding their feet at this level.

To be fair for every one of them there was usually a St. Mirren fan calling them a numpty.

I'd be astonished if anyone other than Shull thought we'd 'do a hearts'. And even he doesn't take himself seriously.

Plenty, self included, thought we'd have a good shot at the playoffs.

For a team coming down from the SPL, in to a 10 team league - with three part time teams - finishing in the top 4 does not sound like delusional behaviour - even if that has since proved to be exactly the case!

Genuine question: why are the St Mirren fans so angry? :lol:

Take your pick from.....

Haven't won a home league game all season.

Are having our arses handed to us on a plate most weeks.

An unfit squad blow out their arses after 80 minutes.

A so-called experienced core of Langfield-Webster-Thompson have been utter shit.

Alan Gow.

Selling Kenny McLean on the last day of the deadline.

Losing McGinn to a division rival.

Utter shite like Howieson and Carswell.

Alan Gow.

The Chairman branding us knickerwetters and keyboard warriors.

A self-confessed "tired and out of ideas" BoD still hanging on for an unrealistic selling price after six years.

Last season's kiddie's pirate costume home strip.

Alan Gow.

Tommy Craig.

Ian Murray.

Mark 'Highland Spring' Spalding.

Alan Gow.

Stephane Bahoken.

Eric Bunnet Bunnet.

A squad who, unlike our shite 1990s squads, don't even give a fcuk.

The long drawn out and failed '10000hours' buy-out.

To summarise: Leaving our spiritual home for a concrete dinkydome, while other clubs in deeper poo than us - Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts, remain in their traditional grounds. Winning a major trophy as recently as 2013, then, in a completely self-inflicted fashion, spunk away our top flight status and see a good squad broken up and replaced with shite, all overseen by a couldn't give a fcuk any longer board of directors. Seeing our so-called 'great position' of clearing debt and having a new ground and dedicated training complex mattering pretty much the square root of fcuk all, as even part-time outfits kick our arses in all aspects. Tactics, formations, fitness, organisation, effort, will-to-win. You name it.

Pretty much this.

Do Livingston have the smallest wage budget in the league? Somebody was telling me that yesterday, but the only source they had was the Daily Record :lol: , so I'm dubious

We certainly have the lowest budget of all the full time teams in the divisions.

I'd say we are probably on par with Dumbarton,

Some people say we have the lowest budget in the league but I find it hard to believe that we have less of a budget than Alloa.

Embarrassing stuff from Lex, really embarrassing.

The St Mirren Stats account is giving Langfield stick now, I know he's gash but that's hardly going to help.

From reading Black and White Army this morning it seems Lex runs the St Mirren Stats account...

St. Mirren fans are pathetic tbh, a real stain on the fabric of Scottish Football.

Harsh on our friends from Paisley, and I say friends because I like to think in among all the scum and bitterness we have befriended some good people in the Buddies. A good set of people.

A very early happy new year to our buddies, from your new friends,

Livingston

Harsh on our friends from Paisley, and I say friends because I like to think in among all the scum and bitterness we have befriended some good people in the Buddies. A good set of people.

A very early happy new year to our buddies, from your new friends,

Livingston

Disgusting sympathizer

This will be a recurring theme unfortunately (well, for us...everycunt else loves it! ;)) as long as the club remains in what now feels like eternal limbo.

It's just a constant and unrelenting decline that is threatening not to end until we're like Dunfermline, or worse.

Are st mirren going to put up highlights? Would like to see White's pass again

We seem to be pretty hit or miss when it comes to highlights. There was footage from the Alloa game but that was the first for a while. The TV and radio stuff is mainly manned by students so it's possible the people needed to edit and upload the highlights are away on holiday.

Someone who must have been at home watching the game online uploaded vines of the goals pretty much as they happened - which was handy when I had a report to write. If you scroll a looong way down this Twitter feed you'll find them but I don't think the fourth starts early enough for the pass. https://twitter.com/StMirrenActive

Take your pick from.....

Haven't won a home league game all season.

Are having our arses handed to us on a plate most weeks.

An unfit squad blow out their arses after 80 minutes.

A so-called experienced core of Langfield-Webster-Thompson have been utter shit.

Alan Gow.

Selling Kenny McLean on the last day of the deadline.

Losing McGinn to a division rival.

Utter shite like Howieson and Carswell.

Alan Gow.

The Chairman branding us knickerwetters and keyboard warriors.

A self-confessed "tired and out of ideas" BoD still hanging on for an unrealistic selling price after six years.

Last season's kiddie's pirate costume home strip.

Alan Gow.

Tommy Craig.

Ian Murray.

Mark 'Highland Spring' Spalding.

Alan Gow.

Stephane Bahoken.

Eric Bunnet Bunnet.

A squad who, unlike our shite 1990s squads, don't even give a fcuk.

The long drawn out and failed '10000hours' buy-out.

To summarise: Leaving our spiritual home for a concrete dinkydome, while other clubs in deeper poo than us - Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts, remain in their traditional grounds. Winning a major trophy as recently as 2013, then, in a completely self-inflicted fashion, spunk away our top flight status and see a good squad broken up and replaced with shite, all overseen by a couldn't give a fcuk any longer board of directors. Seeing our so-called 'great position' of clearing debt and having a new ground and dedicated training complex mattering pretty much the square root of fcuk all, as even part-time outfits kick our arses in all aspects. Tactics, formations, fitness, organisation, effort, will-to-win. You name it.

Pretty much this.

Wow!

If you had just started that with "It's sh1te being fae paisley! We're the lowest of the fkn low!"

Renton from trainspottingesque!

Pretty damning indictment of your club and sounds accurate from fans I have spoken to.

The bit about leaving live street is pretty damning. It really appeared that the majority of fans were behind the move at the time?

FWIW I loved your old ground as a place to watch football. Best memories supporting Morton either in the Caledonia Stand or North Bank.

Your much vaunted youth system only really failing to see you through this probably says as much about the Scottish youth system as anything.

You guys had the pick of inverclyde and Ayrshires players as well as local for a ten year period. Gone now.

Archived