"I don't want THAT"

When I was in Primary School I one got the same WWF pencil case from 2 family members at Christmas.

It wasn't even the Ultimate Warrior! It was Macho Man Randy Savage. Macho Fucking Man Randy Savage.

^^^ Billy dodds

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in Primary School I one got the same WWF pencil case from 2 family members at Christmas.

It wasn't even the Ultimate Warrior! It was Macho Man Randy Savage. Macho Fucking Man Randy Savage.

Macho Man Randy Savage > Loads of other guys > Ultimate Warrior

Anything home knitted. Jumpers, scarves, anything. You just know that someone put a whole bunch of time, effort and possibly love into it and yet, they're always hideous. And other than the Christmas day sesh down the pub, you're never going to wear whatever it is.

And anybody who gives a child school supplies for Christmas should have lumps of coal thrown at them. To quote the greatest philosopher of our time (Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes), Christmas is for wants, not needs.

Anything home knitted. Jumpers, scarves, anything. You just know that someone put a whole bunch of time, effort and possibly love into it and yet, they're always hideous. And other than the Christmas day sesh down the pub, you're never going to wear whatever it is.

I didn't think people actually did that in real life :lol:

Finally got my N64 a year later. The Taj Mahal was never built.

Think we still have a 3D Vatican puzzle from a super catholic relative sitting in its box/shrink wrap in the loft

Chuckle. Which? The home knitting or the traditional wearing-of-the-hideous-clothing-gifts-to-the-pub?

Fortunately, nobody has knitted me anything in several years but yes, my friends and I always had the ritual of wearing whatever clothes you received to the pub. I've gone out in slippers, multiple ties, too many awful shirts to count and on one memorable occasion, a balaclava and gloves. It has to be done.

Think we still have a 3D Vatican puzzle from a super catholic relative sitting in its box/shrink wrap in the loft

Selling for as much as £22 on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/CubicFun-Puzzle-Saint-Peters-Basilica/dp/B002803GCO

Make yourself some cash

Selling for as much as £22 on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/CubicFun-Puzzle-Saint-Peters-Basilica/dp/B002803GCO

Make yourself some cash

Holy shit - this is the one we have! £401!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/St-Peters-Basilica-Vatican-Wrebbit/dp/B006H9AP2Q

EDIT: Ebay has them for far more modest prices. Dream over :(

Selling for as much as £22 on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/CubicFun-Puzzle-Saint-Peters-Basilica/dp/B002803GCOMake yourself some cash

Altogether now:

"Super catholic's basilica, ex-Paul's attic, goes. Flush!!

Umdiddliddliddlumdiddleye, umdiddliddliddlumdiddleye.............."

I remember the year I got a Top of the Pops album from my auntie. "Not original artists".

Fair to say I didn't do a good job of hiding my disgust.

Same thing happened to me once.

Awful just awful!

Worst ever was a small packet from my auntie to say that she was sending all her Christmas present money to charity this year and so it was just a small token gift.

Could have had a whoopie cushion or something, but no to make matters worse her gift was an orange peeler. I mean what does a 7 year old, or anyone for that matter, need a plastic orange peeler for?

It's like one of those failed ideas from dragons den....

I'm still deeply affected by this.

One year my aunt ( wonderful woman, heart of gold but not all there, bless her soul she died far too young) got me a Madonna CD - wild dancing I think it was.

Looked very strange next to the other albums I got that year. ....and justice for all and God says no

I came home from work today to find that I'd received a parcel - quite a big one, which I was not expecting.

A box of 12 bottles of fine ales - from my line manager!

Incredible scenes.

Don't tell Throbber. He'll have them for breakfast.

Archived