"I don't want THAT"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when I was about 12 I wanted a mountain bike for xmas.

On Xmas eve I stumbled upon it in my folks bedroom by accident so quickly left delighted at my new bike.

Anyway xmas morning comes and I'm opening all my other presents and thinking this is the best xmas yet.

The only thing was my folks hadn't shown me the bike yet so as far as they were concerned I was raging I didn't get my bike.

I assume that was their plan all along.

Had to fake excitement when my dad showed me it eventually.

I mind as a wee guy asking for an N64 and Super Mario. Was old enough I knew it was my parents buying, but still right into the magic of Christmas.

Upon opening the N64 I was understandably delighted.

I then opened Mario Kart 64 and uttered something along the lines of "Aw, that wasn't the one I wanted!"

Not in a mega-bratty way, but I was probably like 9 or 10 at the time and was a bit disappointed.

I'll never forget how raging my dad was and how fucking guilty I felt after he made feel like an ungrateful wee shite!

I saw a sketch of you and your dad on Christmas Day. Was on Limmy's Show. Heartwarming.

I remember back in 2004 I had asked for the newest Fifa/pes and was given Fifa 03 and Lets Make A Soccer Team ( was actually a decent game) . I think I did ok at hiding my disappointment :lol:

The guy in the store who sold them it must've been thinking your no gonnae like that when your folks rock up to the counter wi last year's FIFA.

Anything home knitted. Jumpers, scarves, anything. You just know that someone put a whole bunch of time, effort and possibly love into it and yet, they're always hideous. And other than the Christmas day sesh down the pub, you're never going to wear whatever it is.

Her sister gave me a hand knitted scarf last year. It was jobby brown in colour. It hasn't left my wardrobe since I left it there the day I got it. Told her the wool makes me itchy and that is the only reason I've not worn it since.

My mum and dad know me better than I'd like. They'll come over with a present that I didn't know I wanted. They always do. Got me a used PS3 last time. Incredible.

I've always tried to figure out the next one.

if either of them has ever ventured on here, maybe they'll take the hint and buy you a shag.

I remember one year leaving my "big" present to last when opening them...I was really excited as I hadn't asked for anything but

this one big b*****d was sitting there waiting for me to open it.

It was a bin for my room

A fucking bin

:angry:

Her sister gave me a hand knitted scarf last year. It was jobby brown in colour. It hasn't left my wardrobe since I left it there the day I got it. Told her the wool makes me itchy and that is the only reason I've not worn it since.

Still better than a Rangers scarf.

My mum and dad know me better than I'd like. They'll come over with a present that I didn't know I wanted. They always do. Got me a used PS3 last time. Incredible.

I've always tried to figure out the next one.

if either of them has ever ventured on here, maybe they'll take the hint and buy you a shag.

That was not at all a creepy post.

No, it would only gave been "creepy" if your sig on here hadn't ended with the words "desperate-for -a-shag Giles". Had you forgotten that?

Archived