Worst SNPbad story yet

Fide

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problems with the SNP started when the second member joined and while the party can present a united front, the debates at branch level can be 'spirited' at times.

And when I say debates, I mean a rammy....

Despite the best efforts of SOAC conference can even be interesting.

I always thought conference was just a piss up with a possible leg over if you were lucky.

I miss 'Inverness', conference is like a convention these days and you can never get a seat in the main hall. Maybe I should join the libs, I don't think they have the same problems....

I always thought conference was just a piss up with a possible leg over if you were lucky.

I miss 'Inverness', conference is like a convention these days and you can never get a seat in the main hall. Maybe I should join the libs, I don't think they have the same problems....

Why did you leave the SNP? You were actively campaigning in May... was it to do with the treatment your mate Neil received?

Might be the fact the Tories and the bankers have emptied our pockets (Austerity) that people can't afford social events as they used to.

MSM and SNPbad squad are true idiots and this kind of rubbish will be seen through, as before. Rinse repeat, it's like they have a collective mental illness.

The problems with the SNP started when the second member joined and while the party can present a united front, the debates at branch level can be 'spirited' at times.

And when I say debates, I mean a rammy....

Debates at SNP meetings.

Is this new thing?

Minutes of the last meeting check

Money check

Leaflet drop check

Money check

Mair money check

Any other business

"Aye, I'd like the branch to invite somebody from maybe outside the SNP every couple of months on topics that might interest the branch, maybe somebody from the Greens to explain their party's point of view, how about somebody speaking about poverty in the local area, fracking, Fans against Criminalisation, maybe the SNP trade union group, an expert on setting up your own currency, the credit union movement or an anti war group.

There's a 100 subjects out there that might make branch meetings more interesting plus we all might learn something"

Eh naw nae time, dae ye whant raffle tickets?

Debates at SNP meetings.

Is this new thing?

Minutes of the last meeting check

Money check

Leaflet drop check

Money check

Mair money check

Any other business

"Aye, I'd like the branch to invite somebody from maybe outside the SNP every couple of months on topics that might interest the branch, maybe somebody from the Greens to explain their party's point of view, how about somebody speaking about poverty in the local area, fracking, Fans against Criminalisation, maybe the SNP trade union group, an expert on setting up your own currency, the credit union movement or an anti war group.

There's a 100 subjects out there that might make branch meetings more interesting plus we all might learn something"

Eh naw nae time, dae ye whant raffle tickets?

Clueless. We've had trident, NATO, fracking, currency, land reform, the trams and loads of other stuff discussed. Maybe you should go along to one to see what actually happens.....

No, I just make random shit up to prove a point to a random poster on a football website....

Before I left, we had a debate of fracking, believe it or not we had members in favour of it so it was debated for about half an hour and a vote held - we voted against it. We then wrote to Fergus Ewing to tell him to do one and mandated our delegates to vote against anything pro-fracking at conference. That's how things get done, I've been a delegate loads of times, sometimes I've been mandated to vote a certain way by my branch (it's usually the important stuff) other times not.

I've also argued against SNP policy at branch level. I'm actually in favour of allowing trident to remain at Faslane for a negotiated period of time, it certainly wasn't popular with the rest of the branch as the rest wanted it removed ASAP. The branch was split down the middle on NATO so we actually let our delegates go up and have a free vote at conference. Both voted in favour of joining NATO but it certainly wasn't as clear cut as you think.

That is why land reform was chucked out at the last conference for not going far enough. It will have been debated at branch, membership would let the delegates know what they want and then they vote accordingly. It's how a party works.

No, I just make random shit up to prove a point to a random poster on a football website....

Before I left, we had a debate of fracking, believe it or not we had members in favour of it so it was debated for about half an hour and a vote held - we voted against it. We then wrote to Fergus Ewing to tell him to do one and mandated our delegates to vote against anything pro-fracking at conference. That's how things get done, I've been a delegate loads of times, sometimes I've been mandated to vote a certain way by my branch (it's usually the important stuff) other times not.

I've also argued against SNP policy at branch level. I'm actually in favour of allowing trident to remain at Faslane for a negotiated period of time, it certainly wasn't popular with the rest of the branch as the rest wanted it removed ASAP. The branch was split down the middle on NATO so we actually let our delegates go up and have a free vote at conference. Both voted in favour of joining NATO but it certainly wasn't as clear cut as you think.

That is why land reform was chucked out at the last conference for not going far enough. It will have been debated at branch, membership would let the delegates know what they want and then they vote accordingly. It's how a party works.

That's how our local branch works.

The CA on the other hand is perhaps more of a set menu where you are there to listen to elected members and receive instruction.

Archived